To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Welcome to your career at Lyon County Kansas!
Lyon County Kansas is a Local Government Organization with 11 Departments & Several Facilities, plus Elected Officials and the Fifth Judicial Court.
At Lyon County Kansas, we are proud of the company we keep - Our family of dedicated employees who are also our neighbors and friends. We are committed to providing a friendly, safe and exciting work environmet that includes opportunites to learn and grow. It's part of our culture - and part of the Lyon County history.
LYON COUNTY - To honor our roots as we promote and support a high quality of life, while fostering a sense of community pride.
Lyon County is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer | Minority | Female | Disabled | Veteran
LYON COUNTY - Terms of Application for Employment
Thank you for your interest in employment with Lyon County. By submitting you application for any position with Lyon County, you understand and agree to the following statements:
You represent and warrant that the contents of your application are true, to the best of your knowledge and belief; and that falsification, misrepresentation or omission of information could be just cause of dismissal at any time and that you have withheld nothing which, if disclosed, would affect this application unfavorably.
You understand and authorize investigation of all statements contained in this application for employment and other known information as may be necessary in arriving at an employment decision. I authorize my previous employers, schools, credit bureau, personal acquaintances, etc. to give any information regarding employment, credit or educational records. I agree that this organization and my previous employers shall not be held liable in any respect if a job offer is not extended, is withdrawn, or my employment is terminated because of false statements, omissions, or answers made by me on this application.
You understand that you may be required to take relevant employment testing, for the purpose of determining your capability of performing the duties of the position. In the event you need reasonable accommodation for this testing or for the interview process, if selected, you understand that Lyon County will make this accommodation. Lyon County reserves the right to require medical documentation concerning the need for the accommodation.
If you are selected for employment by Lyon County, you agree to participate in the appropriate examinations, determined by the position, which may include pre-employment physical examination and drug screening and psychological testing as well.
Completion of an employment application does not constitute an offer of employment nor is a completed application considered a contract of employment. Your employment with Lyon County is of an “at will” nature. It is for no definite period of time and may, regardless of the date of payment or salary, be terminated for any reason and at any time without previous notice.
You understand that working for a public entity and are held at a high standard of personal and professional conduct and that you are required to abide by all rules and regulations of Lyon County employment.
In addition to a competitive wage, the following benefits are offered to full-time employees:
- Medical Insurance (including health, dental and vision)
- Medical Option 1 $1,500/$3,000 Deductible - Average of 70% of Premium Paid by Employer
- Medical Option 2 $2,500/$5,000 Deductible - Average of 75% of Premium Paid by Employer
- Medical Option 3 $3,500/$7,000 Deductible - Average of 83% of Premium Paid by Employer
- Dental Option CORE - Average of 80% of Premium Paid by Employer
- Dental Option Buy-Up - Average of 62% Premium Paid by Employer
- Vision - VSP
- Life Insurance
- ADVANCE LIFE INSURANCE paid by employer for $25,000 policy
- Additional voluntary life policies available (KPERS OGLI & COLONIAL)
- Mandatory participation on KPERS (Kansas Public Employees Retirement System)
- Optional retirement KPERS 457 plan available
- Employee Assistance Program
- Direct Deposit payroll
- Credit Union Payroll Deductions
- Vacation and sick leave days accrue from first month of employment (if start date is before the 15th of the Month) and increase with longevity.
- Paid Holidays – Employees are usually granted 9 Paid Holidays
- Voluntary COLONIAL Plans available
- Short Term Disability
- Universal Life
- Term Life
- Critical Illness
- Hospital Inc.
- Voluntary Long Term Care Insurance & Flexible Medical Spending Account available with waiting period.
Lyon County is committed to a diverse workforce as an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact for more information:
Janice Huffman, Director
Lyon County Human Resources
430 Commercial Street, Suite #105
Emporia, KS 66801
(620) 341-3252 (voice)
(620) 341-3363 (fax)
For other information regarding Lyon County Government: www.lyoncounty.org