To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Pratt Community College
Job Title: Director of Learning Resources
General Description and Purpose
The Director of Learning Resources is responsible for the operation of the Library and related services.
Primary Functions/ResponsibilitiesSupervise the Library staff.
- Ensure effective relations with students, faculty, staff, and the public.
- Provide effective access to Library resources for distance learners.
- Assist all patrons and provide services as needed.
- Establish an instructor based advisory committee for the purpose of providing input for Library acquisitions and operations.
- Conduct annual inventory of Library.
- Seek to continuously improve Library operations and services while seeking to raise the level of Library use by students, faculty, and others.
- Design and implement periodic promotional efforts to raise interest level in Library.
- Recommend changes in Library operations, facilities, holdings, etc. to increase traffic flow.
- Operate Library within allotted budget.
- Ensure that posted Library hours are maintained.
- Operate Library on Sunday afternoons as scheduled.
- Train and supervise Library staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Coordination and Accountability Tasks
- Coordinate all activities with the Vice President of Instruction.
- Serve as a back-up for ZOOM facilitators and others as needed.
Supervises the Following Staff
- Supervises Library staff.
- Supervises work study personnel.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and other Characteristics
- Knowledge of library operations.
- Computer skills utilizing word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and Internet.
- Educational media proficiency.
- Proficiency in operation and repair of Library equipment.
- Work experience in a library, learning resource center or classroom setting preferred.
- Ability to provide support services for instructional technology including interactive television, classroom projection systems, Smartboards, and teleconferencing systems preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Library Science, Instructional Technology, Teaching or a related field required.
- One to three years’ work experience in the field will be considered.
- Master’s degree preferred.
Certifications and/or Licensure
Position may require occasional evening and weekend work.
2/2/2018 12:00:00 AM