Employer: Wichita Area Technical College
Division: Career & Technical Education
Job Title: Aviation Sheetmetal Training Manager
This position is a Full-time Exempt level position, as defined by policy to mean working a minimum of 40 hours per week. The Manager of Aviation Sheetmetal Training is initially responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Sheetmetal training program. This includes supervision of on Campus trainers and coordinating the work performed by WATC faculty assigned to the program. Job duties will transition to include the development, sales, implementation, and supervision of customized training opportunities in the aerospace field. This is a position that requires flexible hours, which may include evenings and weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supervises on Campusy trainers and coordinates the work performed by WATC faculty working in the Sheetmetal training program.
2. Coordinates systematic program evaluation plan to ensure both student and program outcomes are met.
3. Schedules trainers/faculty courses in coordination with the Dean.
4. Maintains effective relationships with aviation industry and professional organizations.
5. Maintains course/program supplies and tool inventories.
6. Meets needs of industry training managers in a timely manner.
7. Obtains feedback from industry leaders and revise curriculum as necessary.
8. Ensures that each program/class contains essential curricular components, has appropriate content and pedagogy, and maintains currency.
9. Maintains a high level of expertise in the subjects taught and stimulates enthusiasm for those subjects.
10. Makes suggestions to the department Dean concerning the improvement of the curriculum in keeping with the objectives of the college.
11. Conducts class evaluations and completes other college evaluations and assessment in accordance with college policy.
12. Participates in program and curriculum review and development and student learning outcomes initiatives.
13. Submits annual program review information, assessment data and works collaboratively on annual budget with the department Dean.
14. Submits required reports to the appropriate college personnel.
15. Serves on and provides information to college committees as needed.
16. Conveys college-related information to students in a timely manner as requested by college officials.
17. Develops and maintains a positive relationship with program Industry Advocate Teams (IAT) members.
18. Attends all faculty meetings, college in-services, commencement, professional development activities, and other meetings as called by the President, Vice President, or the Program Dean.
19. Assumes other work related responsibilities as assigned.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Ability to perform and instruct aviation sheetmetal assembly at an advanced level.
- Comprehensive knowledge of aviation manufacturing as it relates to coursework.
- Minimum 5 years sheetmetal experience.
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience.
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- Sales experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Spirit Aerosystems Assembly practices preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – must be able to work with students, technical and administrative personnel in a pleasant, professional, and efficient manner.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to accurately and quickly process, enter and audit data.
- Ability to effectively organize and direct personnel during crisis or emergency situations.
- Ability and knowledge to provide team leadership.
Other Position Requirements:
1. Works effectively and productively as a team member with the Dean of Aviation. Keeps others informed of information as needed. Treats others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
2. Maintains effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Uses diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrates effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
3. Maintains acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensures appropriate notification to supervisor for absences and ensures that work is covered. Is flexible in work schedule when needed.
4. Produces quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
5. Demonstrates the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identifies what needs to be done and takes appropriate action.
6. Completes assigned work; meets deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
7. Performs work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
8. Participates in a minimum of 20 hours professional development activities per year to remain current with industry trends and advancements.
Candidate must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment while completing multiple and competing priorities. Daily attendance is required to meet the needs of students and prospective students. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services some of which may be out of the area. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate student or College needs, deadlines and delivery of services. Long periods of sitting and/or standing will be required. Data entry/typing is required. Sufficient vision and hearing are required to complete the work and interact with students, staff, faculty and the public. Independent travel by car or public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses/locations when needed. Evening and weekend work may be required. Work schedule will be as needed and required by administration to accomplish assigned duties.
2/2/2018 12:00:00 AM