To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Bel Aire
Job Title: Utillity Customer Service Specialist
Class Title: Utility Customer Service Specialist
Salary Schedule: Hourly, Non-Exempt Range N6: Step 4 ($13.75) – Step 15 ($18.04)
Our hours of operation are Monday through Thursday 7:30am-5:30pm, and Friday 7:30am-1:00pm
- Provides excellent customer service. Performs routine clerical, administrative, and data processing work in the billing of utilities and other public services.
- Works under the general supervision of the Director of Finance and Administration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reads computer files or gathers records to compile needed data.
- Processes work orders for utility disconnections, reconnections, new orders, and other public works service requests.
- Processes meter reading data; prepares and mails utility bills; maintains current customer account files; assists in reconciling utility billing activities.
- Receives telephone calls and citizen visits concerning utility billings or services; handles questions and matters of a more technical nature; responds to citizen complaints.
- Pursues collection of delinquent utility accounts, including preparation and mailing of final notices, shut-off and turn-on orders, establishing and monitoring payment schedules, customer follow-up account research and handling the ACH program.
- Prepares correspondence and maintains records;
- Responds to in-person, telephone and written inquiries.
- Performs various clerical duties such as filing, typing, accounting, answering telephones, greeting and assisting customers and talking messages.
- Assist and cooperates with other departments as needed, including processing payments and permits.
- Performs other related duties as deemed necessary or assigned.
- Must be 18 years old or older.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, public administration or related field is preferred but not required. High school diploma or GED required.
- Prefer 2 years of related experience or any equivalent combination of education and progressively responsible experience, with additional work experience substituting for the required education on a year for year basis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of computers and electronic data processing; working knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Able to read maps, recognize directions and understand addresses.
- Ability to perform mathematical computations on 10 key accurately and quickly; to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; to establish successful working relationships; ability to work under pressure and/or frequent interruptions; ability to work with difficult customers and to make quick decisions in dealing with situations.
- Able to read and understand City codes, ordinances and resolutions as well as explain them to citizens.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Most work will be performed indoors in a typical office setting environment.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Employee Signature Date
2/6/2018 12:00:00 AM