To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Garden City Community College
Job Title: Full Time-GED Instructor
To coordinate the functions of the Adult Learning Center to include teaching, enrollment, and orientations for the GED programs, manage student records and student assessments.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach and coordinate ongoing assessment of students in the GED programs to include scheduling, organizing materials and communicating results to all stakeholders.
- Schedule classes, develop and maintain class rosters.
- Assist ALC Director with marketing, student recruitment, hiring and supervising staff and developing new programs to meet stakeholder's needs.
- Travel may be required. (Must have valid driver's license
- Other duties as assigned.
- To stay knowledgeable on general operating policies and procedures for the college.
- To develop and maintain a working relationship/partnership with all constituents, off and on campus.
- To understand the responsibilities of being a role model to students on campus.
- To maintain a professional work environment and businesslike appearance.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Six months to two years of similar or related experience.
Education: A Bachelor's Degree in related field is required.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the college for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Other Skills: Two years' experience in similar position is required, as is computer proficiency (MS Office products preferred). Spreadsheet and database experience is also necessary. Office management skills and/or secretarial experience in higher education, secondary education, or public schools preferred. Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills are necessary. Ability to maintain confidential information in a professional manner is required.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to five-ten pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. Format for teaching may be either traditional or through distance learning. Class time may be either morning, afternoon or evening, as needed. Classes may be during the week or during the weekend. May be required to work outside regular working hours.
Working Conditions: Typical classroom environment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.
To complete the application process, candidates must submit:
- Application letter expressing interest in position
- Personal resume
- Complete an online application at www.hrepartners.com
- Copy of college transcripts and appropriate certificates
- Up to three current letters of recommendation submitted directly to the Human Resources Office by the individual providing the reference
CONTACT: Human Resources Office
Garden City Community College
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
(620) 276-0362; FAX (620) 276-9573
Garden City Community College does not discriminate against applicants, employees or students on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit reasons, or handicap, nor will sexual harassment be tolerated, in its employment practices and/or educational programs or activities. Those concerned about the above should contact Emily Clouse, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9574.
Garden City Community College is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and is committed to equal and reasonable access to facilities and programs for all employees, students and visitors. Those with ADA concerns, or who need special accommodations, should contact Melanie Hands, Accommodations Coordinator, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9638.
2/9/2018 12:00:00 AM