Employer: Sedgwick County
Division: Div of Information Technology & Support Services
Job Title: Enterprise Support Analyst
Salary: $54082.08 Annually
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Usual working days/hours:
8am-5pm Monday - Friday - Will participate in on- call
Location of work:
510 N Main
The Enterprise Support Analyst supports one or more enterprise-level systems. They adapt technology systems and tools to help the organization be more effective. Enterprise Support Analysts solve difficult problems, adjust technology deployments, provide advice to IT Architects and IT Managers, guide clients and use their ingenuity to create alternate paths to help clients achieve their end goals.
Primary Job Functions:
Messaging – Exchange, Mobile Phone Syncing and Email Encryption
- Maintain, Install and Troubleshoot the messaging systems keeping a high priority on up time and availability focusing on 99.999% uptime.
- Be security minded on all systems to help protect Sedgwick County as a whole.
- Be proactive and seek out new information to help develop the messaging systems
- Use best practices to manage and administer the systems.
- Detailed documentation of the messaging systems.
- Make sure the systems are backed up successfully and on a daily basis.
- Minimal impact of service to Sedgwick County and should provide redundant and more sustainable systems for Sedgwick County communication needs.
- Maintain, Install and troubleshoot the patch system when needed.
- Manage test group of computers and test group communication.
- Patch both systems in the DMZ and Production networks.
- Maintain listing of patches that cause known issues and watch for revisions of those patches.
- Reboot systems and confirm systems are back up and running.
- Maintain knowledge of patches and impacts of their application through social media and other networking aspects.
- Confirm regular system checks.
- Maintain license compliancy and other pertinent information.
- Provides rapid response and corrective adjustments necessary to eliminate long periods of down time enabling users to accomplish normal work without substantial interruptions.
- Installs, configures and customizes hardware and software; including installation of operating systems.
- Maintains software and resolves problems.
- Communicates with vendors for technical support.
- Configures interfaces to other software and computer networks.
- Assists client departmental administrators in installation and maintenance of network systems in compliance with established standards, troubleshooting departmental network problems to maintain optimal network performance.
- Completes Tech Weekend work in a timely manner with clear and concise communication of tasks to be completed.
- Documents and keeps tickets current and filled out. Closes tickets in a timely manner with quality service given to the customers.
- Maintain timelines and management of major projects.
Secondary Job Functions:
Back up exec
• Install and troubleshoot backupexec system keeping a high priority on critical backups.
• Maintain Backupexec software including pdates and patches.
• Keep up to date on backup software and new technologies on the market.
• Maintain license compliancy and other pertinent information.
• Watch for failed backups and correct errors.
• Maintain Tape Library, including warranty information.
Subject Matter Expertise: The ability to apply the principles and practices of (subject matter) management to contribute to the success of the county.
Communication: Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas through the appropriate methods and media for target audiences in a manner that engages the listener, helps them understand and retain the message, and invites response and feedback. Ensures appropriate stakeholders are kept informed and that information shared is accurate and timely. Demonstrates good written, oral, and listening skills.
Dependability: Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work, and achieves results with little oversight.
Problem Solving: Breaks down problems into smaller components, understands underlying issues, can simplify and process complex issues, and understands the difference between critical details and unimportant facts.
Teamwork: Participates as an active and contributing member of a team to achieve team goals. Works cooperatively with other team members, involves others, shares information as appropriate, and shares credit for team accomplishments
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree or any combination of education, experience, certification and training equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree.
Years of Experience: 1 year
License, certifications, etc.: None
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering, computer science, telecommunications or any similar experience.
Years of Experience: 2 years
License, certifications, etc.: CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+, MCITP, MCSA or MCSE
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
Physical Activity of position:
• Fingering. Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.
• Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
• Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
• Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Physical Requirements of Position: Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
Visual Acuity Requirements: The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
Work Environment / Conditions: The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work.)
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice*
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator, by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate. Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
2/12/2018 12:00:00 AM
4/12/2018 11:59:59 PM