To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Wichita Area Technical College
Division: Academics/General Education
Job Title: Part Time Instructor (Adjunct Faculty) Interior Design
The Adjunct Faculty Instructor provides subject matter expertise in his/her area of expertise to students enrolled in the interior design program. Instruction may include classroom lecture, facilitating group discussion and projects, and/or laboratory instruction. Instruction includes teaching courses, adhering to lesson plans, meeting course objectives, beginning and ending courses on time as scheduled and adhering to faculty ethical and professional behaviors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Professional delivery face-to-face classroom lecture/lab instructional curriculum to students.
- Preparation and development of curriculum, instructional materials and course scheduling (As per KBOR and industry requirements).
- Maintain instructor office hours to prepare and grade student evaluations and lab projects. In addition, this time is utilized for appointments with students as needed.
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship with program Industry Advocate Team (IAT) members. Activities include coordination to assist in job placement and possible donations of equipment and supplies.
- Student recruitment and retention activities including but not limited to high school visits and college activities, such as Open House and Career Day, a variety of tours and participation in other college activities.
- Maintain instructional equipment meeting industrial safety and operational standards.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Associate’s Degree or appropriate licensure required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Obtains and maintains, at own expense, all licensure as required by the profession.
- Minimum of 2-4 years’ work experience in industry required.
- Teaching experience in adult education preferred
- Required knowledge of computers and various software applications, including basic knowledge of Microsoft applications and AutoCAD. Revit is preferred but not required.
Other Position Requirements:
- Work effectively and productively as a team member. Keep others informed of information needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintain effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Use diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrate effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintain acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensure appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Be flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produce quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identify what needs to be completed and take appropriate action.
- Complete assigned work; meet deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Perform work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Participate in a minimum of 20 hours professional development activities per year to remain current with industry trends and advancements.
Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate student or college needs, deadlines and delivery of services. Long periods of sitting and/or standing may be required. Data entry/typing may be required. Sufficient vision and hearing are required to complete the work and interact with students, staff, faculty and the public. Independent travel by car or public carrier may be required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses/locations when needed. Evening and weekend work may be required. Work schedule will be as needed and required by administration to accomplish assigned duties.
2/12/2018 12:00:00 AM