Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: Patient Billing Assistant
Salary: $12.50 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Usual working days/hours:
M – F, 8a – 5p
Location of work:
271 W. 3rd St. N
Provide support to the Public Services billing functions to ensure that all claims for services are processed timely to generate all potential revenues. Assist in the day-to day billing functions of EMS/COMCARE in accordance with current acceptable accounting and cost reimbursement principles relating to health care and the Sedgwick County Health and Human Services division.
Essential Job Functions:
Process Daily EMS Lockbox
• Download file(s) from bank website on a daily basis and print contents of each file
• Print each summary received in email
• Log each payment on Excel spreadsheet
• Verify accuracy of data entry ensuring each summary sheet balances
• Distribute account receivable documents to applicable staff
• Process insurance requests for information
• Process any address/insurance changes received
Auditing of patient billing information
• Verifying patient demographics and make any necessary changes in record
• Validate patient’s insurance coverage using applicable payer websites in accordance with established procedures and input patient insurance in medical record
• Validate for patient/guarantor HIPAA signature and document date in medical record
Perform Patient Account Maintenance/Customer Service
• Update patient addresses via returned mail
• Process and post credit card payments and mail receipt
• Post patient payments via lockbox
• Answer phone calls and take necessary action to resolve issue
• Greet customers who enter building and announce visitor to staff
• Take walk-in payments and write receipt
• Affix postage to outgoing USPS mail
• Audit accounts payable invoices for client services to validate for insurance eligibility before it is paid with County funds Secondary Functions
• Distribute EMS billing mail to applicable staff
• Monitor Medicare signature report for processing
• Charge entry for COMCARE affiliate partner (DCCCA)
• Distribute Administration incoming faxes
• Comply with all mandatory training requirements of Sedgwick County or Department of Public Services
• Regular, reliable and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 year office or administrative support
- Must have a valid Kansas Driver’s license and current proof of automobile insurance.
- Must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle and meet driver qualification standards as set forth in Sedgwick County’s Fleet Vehicle Operation and Usage policy.
- Meet the specifications as outlined in the CMHC licensing standards and pass KBI, DCF child abuse check, adult abuse registry, and motor vehicle screens.
- Must complete orientations provided by Sedgwick County and COMCARE.
- Coursework in healthCare billing
- 1 year experience in healthcare billing or related field
Required Skill Tests (prior to interview):
- Data Entry (7500 kpm)
- Typing (45 wpm)
Required Skill Tests (after interview):
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Background checks including but not limited to KBI and DCF adult and child abuse registry
- Pre-employment urine drug screen
• Modern office equipment including computer, phone, fax, and electronic medical record
• Office environment
• Majority of time will be spent working at a computer and/or on the telephone
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice*
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator, by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate. Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
2/16/2018 12:00:00 AM
4/16/2018 11:59:59 PM