To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Geary County
Division: Health Department
Job Title: REGISTERED NURSE
GEARY COUNTY JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Registered Nurse Please apply at www.HRePartners.com
FLSA: Non-Exempt Salary Range: DO.
Reports To: WIC Supervisor/Dietitian
Department: Public Health Date: October, 2017
The primary job duties of a Registered Nurse are to certify clients and provide individualized nutrition counseling. This includes, but not limited to, providing eligibility information, data input, client education, program evaluation, and community outreach. Additionally, all county employees are expected to provide responsive, courteous, and efficient service to county residents and the general public. ________________________
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties described below are indicative of what the Registered Nurse might be asked to perform. This job description is to incorporate any County Resolutions for the position of Registered Nurse. This position description is not designed to list all tasks and responsibilities of this position. Geary County reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need may arise. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
- Complete all WIC, Geary County, and local trainings as assigned.
- Explain WIC services, benefits, and policies to clients.
- Conduct dietary and health assessments during WIC Certification, Nutrition Education Individual, High-Risk, and Breastfeeding support appointments.
- Assess nutritional risks.
- Provide nutrition counseling to clients, caregivers, and families.
- Tailor food packages and complete special Issuance authorization paperwork addressing specialized dietary needs.
- Complete all KWIC documentation for any contact or referral.
- Adjust appointment flow sheet as needed during certification period for follow-up and appointments according to WIC policies.
- Consult and coordinate client care with community care providers as appropriate.
- Obtain accurate height, weight, and lab values.
- Assist in developing nutrition education materials, activities, and outreach.
- Provide breastfeeding promotion and support as appropriate.
- Work with other staff members to monitor weekly 30 Day Temporary Client List, No Show and Enrolled Not Participating reports and make phone calls to eligible participants.
Administrative Functions continued:
- Record hours worked on quarterly time study form.
- Attend assigned coalition meetings as a WIC representative.
- Report any suspicion of domestic violence or child abuse or neglect to supervisor or other administrative staff.
- Assist with Nutrition Service plan development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Assist with community intervention planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Provide in-services as needed to other staff members.
Civil Rights Coordinator Functions:
- Plan, manage, implement and evaluate local agency compliance with civil rights and nondiscrimination policies and procedures.
- Review local discrimination complaints regarding staff, clients, and vendors.
- Interprets and disseminates civil rights and nondiscrimination information and grievance procedures to local WIC staff, participants, and the public.
- Provides and maintains records of annual civil rights training to all local staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required at the time of hire or for the continuation of employment.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Kansas Registered Nursing License required
- One (1) year nutrition experience.
- Six (6) months of nursing experience.
- Nursing experience in women’s and sexual health preferred.
- CPR Certification required.
- Spanish speaking preferred.
- Knowledge of/willing to learn electronic medical records.
- A valid Kansas driver’s license required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor when dealing with the public.
- Ability to take control of situations in a responsible manner.
- Ability to interpret and implement local policies and procedures; written instructions, general correspondence, Federal, State, and local regulations, safety manuals, operating and repair manuals, warning labels, etc.
EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Ability to operate various types of equipment – standard office equipment, computer and intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to use KWIC software.
- Other equipment could be required.
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a professional and friendly manner with customers, citizens, co-workers and management.
- Ability to communicate in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to communicate information and teach and train others regarding policies and processes in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to respond to complaints and grievances posed by the public.
- Ability to define problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to think quickly, maintain self-control, and adapt to stressful situations.
- Ability to use good judgment and effectively solve problems.
PHYSICAL AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical and work environments described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- The duties of this job include physical activities such as stooping, kneeling, standing, reaching, walking, lifting and/or move (up to 20 pounds), grasping, talking, hearing/listening, seeing/observing, and repetitive motions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
- Works primarily in an office setting.
- Due to the volume, scope, size of staff and nature of public service this office provides, full-time regular attendance is essential.
Scope of Responsibilities Related to Essential Public Health Services:
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
- Assist in mobilizing community partnerships to identify and solve health problems.
- Support policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
_____________________________ __________ _______________________ __________
Supervisor Date Department Head Date
Human Resources Director Date
EMPLOYEE REVIEW: I have read the above, and understand that it is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for performing this job. It is not an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. I have been given a copy of this description.
_______________________________ ___________ _____________________________________
Incumbent’s Signature Date Incumbent’s name printed
2/21/2018 12:00:00 AM