To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Garden City Community College
Division: Business Office
Job Title: Staff Acccountant
Salary: $0 Hourly
Role: To provide accounting services and assist with financial functions as assigned.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist with preparation of financial reports and audits
- Develop, implement, modify and document record keeping and accounting systems
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Cross-train in all functions of the business office
- Reconcile monthly purchase card statements
- Audit expense reports
- Work with grant directors to assure accurate financial reporting – track grants requirements
- Assist with procurement process
- Assist with asset tracking and inventory analysis
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Processing Information -- Compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or data.
Experience: Two to four years of experience in bookkeeping, financial servies or office management
Education: Associates Degree required. CPA License, Bachelor's Degree in business, accounting or related perferred.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact and diplomacy are essential elements of the job.
Physical Requirements: The employee may sit comfortable to do the work. However there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying of light items, driving an automobile, etc. May be asked to lift objects up to 25 pounds.
Garden City Community College provides a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.
To complete the application process, candidates must submit:
- Application letter expressing interest in position
- Personal resume
- Complete an online application at www.hrepartners.com
- Copy of college transcripts and appropriate certificates
- Up to three current letters of recommendation submitted directly to the Human Resources Office by the individual providing the reference
CONTACT: Human Resources Office
Garden City Community College
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
(620) 276-0362; FAX (620) 276-9573
Garden City Community College does not discriminate against applicants, employees or students on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit reasons, or handicap, nor will sexual harassment be tolerated, in its employment practices and/or educational programs or activities. Those concerned about the above should contact Emily Clouse, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9574.
Garden City Community College is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and is committed to equal and reasonable access to facilities and programs for all employees, students and visitors. Those with ADA concerns, or who need special accommodations, should contact Melanie Hands, Accommodations Coordinator, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9638.
3/12/2018 12:00:00 AM
3/31/2018 11:59:59 PM