To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Valley Center
Job Title: Seasonal Maintenance Worker
Salary: $0 Hourly
Pay Range ($9.00 to $10.50)
Under the supervision of the Valley Center Public Works Director or designated supervisor, the Part-Time Maintenance Worker is a non-exempt position under Federal Labor Standards Act (FLSA). This position assists with the maintenance of various departments within the public works area. The maintenance work assists with manual labor and maintenance. This employee should be able to learn and apply mechanical and communication skills.
- Performs maintenance and repairs for various departments.
- Assists with department projects.
- Helps maintain tools, equipment, and machinery.
- Assists in ground maintenance (primarily along roadways throughout the City).j
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Assists other departments and agencies as needed.
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary or assigned.
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- A valid Kansas driver’s license is required.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Manual labor expected in this position includes: lifting, bending, walking, kneeling, and climbing; often outdoors.
- There is a potential of exposure to hazardous chemicals, heavy machinery, excessive noise, heights, and work in confined spaces is expected.
- Employee is required to often work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Work is subject to frequent interruptions.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the job. A valid Kansas driver’s license, pre-employment background check, physical, and drug test are required.
2/26/2018 12:00:00 AM
4/13/2018 11:59:59 PM