Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: Patient Billing Representative
Salary: $13.78 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Assist in the day-to-day billing functions of the EMS (Ambulance) billing activities in accordance with current acceptable accounting and cost reimbursement principles relating to health care and the Sedgwick County Health and Human Services division.
Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
Essential Job Functions:
Auditing of patient billing information
• Verify patient demographics and make any necessary changes in record
• Validate patient’s insurance coverage using applicable payer websites in accordance with established procedures; input patient insurance in medical record
• Validate for patient/guarantor HIPAA signature and document date in medical record
Coding Ambulance Transports
• Read EMS run report and be able to identify the details of the transport, i.e. treatment provided and liability
• Identify the ICD-10 (diagnosis) codes for each transport and update the information on the call record
• Determine the billing charge codes for each transport based on the treatment provided and level of care and update the information on the call
• Verify billing requirements in accordance with insurance and CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) guidelines and ensure billing is compliant
• Review medical necessity report to ensure claims are billed accurately to Medicare/patient
• Answer phone calls and take necessary action to resolve issue
• Work with EMS Administration to obtain necessary information to bill claim correctly
• Communicate with receiving facility representatives to resolve billing issues as needed
Detail-Oriented: Ensures information is complete and accurate; follows up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled. Follows process steps as outlined in standard operating procedures. Reviews materials to ensure they are accurate, clear, and concise. Performs follow-up to ensure quality of work product and/or actions are completed.
Time Management: Shows ability to plan, schedule, direct work of self and others. Balances task requirements and individual abilities; organizes materials to accomplish tasks; sets high standards and well-defined, realistic goals for self. Displays a high level of effort and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner; works with minimal supervision and is motivated to achieve.
Teamwork: Participates as an active and contributing member of a team to achieve team goals. Works cooperatively with other team members, involves others, shares information as appropriate, and shares credit for team accomplishments
Dependability: Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work, and achieves results with little oversight.
Analytical Thinking: Works systematically and logically to resolve problems, identify causation and anticipate unexpected results. Manages issues by drawing on own experience and knowledge and calls on other resources as necessary.
- Educational Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Years of Experience: 1 year office or administrative support
- License, certifications, etc…: Must have a valid Kansas Driver’s license and current proof of automobile insurance. Must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle and meet driver qualification standards as set forth in Sedgwick County’s Fleet Vehicle Operation and Usage policy. Meet the specifications as outlined in the CMHC licensing standards and pass KBI, DCF child abuse check, adult abuse registry, and motor vehicle screens. Must complete orientations provided by Sedgwick County and COMCARE.
- Educational Requirements: Coursework in HealthCare billing preferred
- Years of Experience: 1 year experience in healthcare billing or related field preferred.
Physical Requirements of Position
Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
•Background checks to include KBI and DCF child abuse check, adult abuse registry check.
•Motor vehicle check.
•Pre-employment drug screen.
Skills testing required prior to being considered:
◦Typing - Minimum score 45 WPM
◦10-Key - Minimum score 7500 KPH
◦Data Entry - Minimum score 7500 KPH
Skills testing required after interview:
◦Attention to detail assessment
• PC, copier, fax, Microsoft office, Electronic Medical Record, Outlook
Usual working days/hours: M – F, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Location of work: 271 W. 3rd St. N.
The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work.)
*Please note this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice*
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator, by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate. Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
2/27/2018 12:00:00 AM
4/16/2018 11:59:59 PM