To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Bel Aire
Job Title: Parks, Building & Grounds Maintenance Worker (Seasonal)
Salary: $10.77 Hourly
Class Title: Parks, Building & Grounds Maintenance Worker (Seasonal)
Salary Schedule: Hourly, Non-Exempt Salary Range $10.77 per hour
This position is a semi-skilled employee which is responsible for the maintenance and repair of City buildings, grounds and equipment. Will be required to work independently and assist other workers requiring a wide range of mechanical skills.
Works under the general supervision of the Utility Supervisor and Assist Public Works Director
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates equipment including: small mowers under 72”, trucks under two tons, hand and power tools needed in building and grounds maintenance.
- Cleans and removes trash and debris from drainage ditches, channels and parks.
- Mows, trims and edges all public grounds and parks.
- Repairs and assist other employees with repairs to all City buildings, facilities, equipment and vehicles.
- Cooperates with other City departments as necessary.
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary or assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School diploma or GED.
- 6 months of experience in performing basic construction, grounds and maintenance task.
- Must have valid Kansas Drivers License.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to operate equipment including mowers, utility trucks, sprayers, department vehicles, computers, tractors, chain saws, weed eaters, hand tools other types of departmental equipment.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions without immediate supervision.
- Able to solve problems and make independent decisions in accordance with City policies and procedures.
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Pre-employment and random drug testing required.
- Must posses a valid Kansas driver’s license.
- Manual labor including lifting and carrying heavy objects, bending, kneeling, sitting and climbing is required daily to fulfill the duties of this position.
- Some adverse working conditions exist with this position. Exposure to hazardous chemicals, heavy machinery, and excessive noise in all types of weather conditions can be expected.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, run, drive, push, pull, carry, see, hear, speak, crawl, use hands, climb, kneel, smell and other similar types of functions.
- The employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move more than 110 pounds and frequently lift 25 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Most work will be performed outdoors in various types of conditions.
- The job is performed primarily during the daytime hours but must be available for special situations and times.
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals, department equipment and excessive noise is expected.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
I have read this position description and understand its contents.
Employee Signature Date
4/20/2018 12:00:00 AM