To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Derby
Job Title: Marketing Intern-Open Only to Wichita State University Elliott School of Communication Students
Salary: $13.00 Hourly
City of Derby, Kansas
Derby is a growing community located just south of Wichita. It’s known for its quality schools, growing parks and bike paths system, recreational opportunities, variety of retail options, restaurants and more.
The City is looking for a Marketing Intern to develop marketing materials for Derby’s event rental facilities, manage social media accounts for the parks and event facilities and write scripts for videos. The intern will work under the supervision of the Communications Director and work with the Communications Coordinator and Multimedia Specialist.
Internships will be offered each semester (spring/summer/fall).
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong writing skills (marketing materials, video scripts)
- Social media management experience (Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter)
- Experience working special events (we host a spring art event and summer BBQ event)
- Photography and graphic design experience a plus
- Team player - willing to help wherever needed
- Minimum of junior year standing
- Summer internship open only to Wichita State University Elliott School of Communication students.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation: $13/hour (up to 20 hours a week)
- Flexible work schedule (Some nights and weekends may be required)
- Build your resume and gain practical experience= PRICELESS!
Interested in this position? Send your resume, cover letter and 3-5 samples of your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org by March 30, 2018. Summer internship begins May 14 and will last up to three months.
Questions? Call 788-1519 and ask for MacKensie Cornell.
2/28/2018 12:00:00 AM
3/30/2018 11:59:59 PM