To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Garden City Community College
Job Title: Head Volleyball Coach
Plans and directs the activities of the volleyball team. Directs conditioning of students to achieve the maximum athletic performance, assesses players' skills and assigns team positions, evaluates own and opposition team capabilities to determine game strategy, and coaches or directs coaches to instruct players in techniques of game. Directly oversee each student's progress within the College and meeting all of their graduation requirements. Teaches 4 credit hours per academic year.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Coaching volleyball.
- Recruitment and retention of student athletes.
- Campus and public relations.
- Responsible for travel coordination: team travel and recruiting travel.
- Responsible for updating statistics.
- Prepare news releases and recruiting brochures pertaining to volleyball program.
- Teach courses as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To demonstrate leadership on our campus through the recruitment and development of athletic teams.
- To manage within budgetary guidelines.
- To understand policies and procedures, rules, code of conduct and eligability requirements of national and state athletic associations. (NJCAA/KJCCC)
- To adhere to community life, national athletic association and state standards.
- To adhere to a stronge sense of public perception/GCCC and the City of Garden City.
- To understand community college mission.
- To exercise effective philosophy of coaching.
- To make and keep commitment to program success.
Two years to five years of similar or related experience.
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or can be of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred. Plus 4-5 years' experience with college-level program or as a high school head coach. Must have knowledge of national rules and regulations. Computer skills helpful. Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills are necessary.
Work requires moderate physical exertion and long periods of standing, walking, riding in bus or vehicle, some recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching or similar activities. Job may require occasional lifting of heavy objects (over 50 pounds). Job requires above-average agility and dexterity.
Occasional exposure to objectionable conditions or variations such as those found in variable weather conditions.
To complete the application process, candidates must submit:
- Application letter expressing interest in position.
- Personal resume
- Fill out online application at www.hrepartners.com. Please submit supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Copy of college transcripts and appropriate certificates
- Up to three current letters of recommendation submitted directly to the office of Human Resources by the individual providing the reference
Human Resources Office
Garden City Community College
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
(620) 276-0362; FAX (620) 276-9573
Garden City Community College does not discriminate against applicants, employees or students on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit reasons, or handicap, nor will sexual harassment be tolerated, in its employment practices and/or educational programs or activities. Those concerned about the above should contact Emily Clouse, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9574.
Garden City Community College is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and is committed to equal and reasonable access to facilities and programs for all employees, students and visitors. Those with ADA concerns, or who need special accommodations, should contact Melanie Hands, Coordinator of Compliance and Accommodations, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9638.
3/1/2018 12:00:00 AM