To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Geary County
Job Title: ACCOUNTANT
Salary: $47819.00 Annually
GEARY COUNTY JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Accountant Please apply online at www.HRePartners.com
FLSA: Non-Exempt Salary Range: 69 $47,819/yr
Reports To: Health Department Director
Department: Public Health Date: December 2017
The job duties of the Accountant include but are not limited to develop, plan, and manage budgets for all programs and overall Health Department budget for the calendar year; to provide accurate tracking of all grant expenditures with updated allocations from personnel and to prepare quarterly/monthly affidavits to the State in a timely manner. Prepare monthly payroll spreadsheet, PO and invoices/receipts for accounts payable to County Clerk’ office and reconcile bank statements with County Treasurer. Manage receivables and provide responsive, courteous and efficient service to County residents and the general public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties described below are indicative of what the Accountant might be asked to perform. This job description is to incorporate any County Resolutions for the position of Accountant. This position description is not designed to list all tasks and responsibilities of this position. Geary County reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need may arise. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
- Enter all invoices to accounts payable and allocate expense to appropriate grant.
- Track and approve all purchases thru PO process.
- Count monies and make deposit from previous day’s business including balancing form to allocate all monies collected; input into accounting software.
- Monitor insurance billings to maintain positive money flow.
- Develop budgets for all programs and track expenditures
- Administer Federal, State and local funds for Health Department programs.
- Set up vendor accounts and any necessary financial documentation needed; coordinate with County payroll.
- Prepare Health Department payroll spreadsheet for County Clerk
- Maintain policy and procedures for payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable for board approval.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for the Board of Health meeting.
- Reconcile all bank statements monthly with County Treasurer.
- Maintain policies that meet Federal, State and local entities.
- Resolve any billing or clerical issues pertaining to accounts receivables and payables.
- Act as supervisor for front desk, billing and administrative staff
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required at the time of hire or for the continuation of employment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or Health Care Administration.
- One (1) year experience in Accounting and/or grant management.
- A valid Kansas driver’s license.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor when dealing with the public.
- Ability to take control of situations in a responsible manner.
- Ability to interpret and implement local policies and procedures; written instructions, general correspondence, Federal, State, and local regulations, safety manuals, operating and repair manuals, warning labels, etc.
EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Ability to operate various types of equipment – standard office equipment, computer and intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Other equipment could be required.
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a professional and friendly manner with customers, citizens, co-workers and management.
- Ability to communicate in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to communicate information and teach and train others regarding policies and processes in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to perform advanced mathematical calculations.
- Ability to prepare and monitor complex budget.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret financial reports and related materials.
- Ability to respond to complaints and grievances posed by the public.
- Ability to define problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to think quickly, maintain self-control, and adapt to stressful situations.
- Ability to use good judgment and effectively solve problems.
PHYSICAL AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical and work environments described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- The duties of this job include physical activities such as stooping, kneeling, standing, reaching, walking, lifting and/or move (up to 20 pounds), grasping, talking, and hearing/listening, seeing/observing, and repetitive motions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
- Works primarily in an office setting.
- Due to the volume, scope, size of staff and nature of public service this office provides, full-time regular attendance is essential.
_____________________________ __________ _______________________ __________
Supervisor Date Department Head Date
Human Resources Director Date
EMPLOYEE REVIEW: I have read the above, and understand that it is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for performing this job. It is not an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. I have been given a copy of this description.
_______________________________ ___________ _____________________________________
Incumbent’s Signature Date Incumbent’s name printed
3/7/2018 12:00:00 AM