Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: Crisis Inpatient Clinician | Crisis Intervention Services
Salary: $40347.84 Annually
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
The Inpatient Senior Social Worker will assist in planning and coordinating the discharge of COMCARE consumers, adults and adolescents from VCBHC inpatient setting and will also provide on-site clinical direction, as necessary. This position will work in close coordination with Via Christi and will promote a positive working relationship between Via Christi, COMCARE and contracted inpatient medical services.
Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Access the COMCARE PsychConsult medical record database to obtain status of services, history of medication, etc. on the COMCARE admitted patients and prepare this information for the multi-disciplinary team and medical provider rounds daily.
- Round with the medical services providers and multidisciplinary team members as appropriate daily, providing and recording information related to admission and discharge planning on COMCARE admitted patients.
- Confer with attending physicians and identified members of the inpatient contracted medical providers for COMCARE to exchange information and to coordinate discharge plans for COMCARE consumers.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team to obtain collateral information, history and recommendations from treatment providers, family members, friends and other agencies as appropriate to assist in developing the discharge plan, working with COMCARE screeners and designated staff as appropriate for at-risk consumers.
- For COMCARE admitted patients, coordinate steps for PASRR screening (Level I &/or Level II screens) for NF/NFMH placement and subsequent activities, including contacting the case manager and family as appropriate to accomplish placement.
- Arrange chemical dependence consults as recommended and follow up as needed, using identified Via Christi personnel assigned to do CD assessments.
- Attend inpatient staffings with contracted medical provider team, patient, other treatment providers and other natural supports as appropriate on high-risk or frequently hospitalized COMCARE consumers to enhance discharge planning and increase successful aftercare.
- Perform psychosocial assessments on new admissions and facilitate inpatient groups on a PRN basis.
- Documents discharge arrangements and other pertinent information in the medical chart according to VCBHC policies as appropriate.
- Documents discharge arrangements and other pertinent information necessary for ongoing outpatient services in the COMCARE PsychConsult electronic medical record.
- As directed, submit Adult and Child Protective Services reports and follow-up.
General Administrative Duties
- Automate the daily census (admissions, discharges and state hospital approved screens) of COMCARE inpatient admissions to VCBHC and fax/email to COMCARE providers according to established procedures and distribution lists by 8:00am.
- As appropriate, fax discharge forms to appropriate referred providers.
- Arrange follow-up appointments, service referrals, prepare medication vouchers, cab vouchers and documents related to discharge, including faxing information to COMCARE programs.
Time Management: Shows ability to plan, schedule, direct work of self and others. Balances task requirements and individual abilities; organizes materials to accomplish tasks; sets high standards and well-defined, realistic goals for self. Displays a high level of effort and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner; works with minimal supervision and is motivated to achieve.
Resilience: Adapts quickly to change and easily considers new approaches. Remains flexible and open to new ideas and encourages others to value change. Understands changes in work tasks, situations, and environment as well as the basis for change. Thinks and acts effectively under pressure. Persists towards solutions and goals in changing circumstances. Overcomes obstacles to achieve results.
Communication: Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the listener, helps them understand and retain the message, and invites response and feedback. Keeps others informed as appropriate. Demonstrates good written, oral and listening skills.
Stress Management/Tolerance: Maintains effective performance under pressure; handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
Collaboration/Relationship Building: Definition: Establishes rapport and personal connections, while maintaining professional boundaries. Builds constructive working relationships with clients/consumers, other work units, community organizations and others to meet mutual goals and objectives. Behaves professionally and supportively when working with individuals from a variety of ethnic, social and educational backgrounds.
Educational Requirements: Master’s Degree or higher
License, certifications, etc…: Must be licensed by the Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board as an LMSW, LMFT, LMLP, LCP, or LP. Must have a valid Kansas Driver’s license and current proof of automobile insurance. Must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle and meet driver qualification standards as set forth in Sedgwick County’s Fleet Vehicle Operation and Usage policy. Meet the specifications as outlined in the CMHC licensing standards and pass KBI, DCF child abuse check, adult abuse registry, and motor vehicle screens. Must complete orientations provided by Sedgwick County and COMCARE.
License, certifications, etc…: May be clinically licensed by the Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board as an LCP, LCPC, LCMFT, or LSCSW.
Physical Requirements of Position:
Medium work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• Pass background checks including but not limited to KBI and DCF child abuse check, and adult abuse registry.
• Motor vehicle screens
• Urine drug screen
Candidates must have basic computer or intermediate skills in word processing and email software, and must be able to learn complex software related to an electronic medical record.
Usual working days/hours: M – F, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Location of work: 8901 E Orme - Via Christi Behavioral Health
The employee is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside. May work in adverse conditions. Fast-paced environment and may occasionally work with combative emotional consumers.
*Please note this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice*
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator, by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate. Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
3/8/2018 12:00:00 AM
4/8/2018 11:59:59 PM