To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Emporia State University
Division: Building Services
Job Title: General Maintenance and Repair Technician
Salary: $11.73 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Emporia State University after applying.
Emporia State University currently has a General Maintenance and Repair Technician vacancy with our Building Services team located in Emporia, KS.
If you . . .
- Have experience maintaining and repairing custodial equipment
- Consistently complete work in a safe manner
- Are comfortable working at heights, in confined spaces, and near machinery
. . . then put your skills and abilities to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, university environment.
As a GMRT you will:
- Diagnose equipment problems and repair by ordering new parts, or using something readily available, as well as performing preventative maintenance (PM) on all equipment.
- Spray for pests in all academic buildings and offices, as well as set traps for rodents as necessary.
- Set up and put together new equipment as it is received, and distribute it. Refill shelves with new cleaning product as it comes in.
- Complete a permanent assignment of cleaning. Unlock buildings.
- Set up new furniture and move to desired location, and/or remove old furniture.
- Replace old models of soap, toilet paper, paper towel dispensers, or light bulbs that are damaged or not working. Install new models of soap toilet paper, or paper towel dispensers that were overlooked during initial install.
The GMRT position:
- Is based in Emporia, KS
- Earns $11.73 per hour
- Is eligible for a competitive benefits package
Minimum Qualifications Required:
To meet the minimum requirements for this position, you must have:
- Six (6) months of related experience
- Education may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by ESU
- Ability to frequently lift or maneuver up to 50 lbs. unassisted, and 100+ lbs. with assistance.
How To Apply:
Join the Hornet team as a GMRT:
- Submit your application through www.hrepartners.com
- If you are claiming Veteran’s Preference, please provide a copy of your DD214 to ESU Human Resources Office, Box 4044, 1 Kellogg Circle, Emporia, KS 66801.
- Apply by the deadline: March 25, 2018
Background check required. For more information about the application process, click here. We regretfully inform you that applications missing any of the above items or deadlines may be regarded as incomplete and therefore ineligible for consideration.
Candidates will be expected to be able to competently perform the routine tasks of the position with limited supervision by the end of the probation period, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to contact the agency recruiter if reasonable accommodations are needed for any part of the application or hiring process.
Emporia State University values and welcomes the benefits of diversity, and pledges to current and prospective students, faculty, staff, administrators, and the public that we expect and demand the worth and dignity of all people be recognized without regard to any classification that might preclude a person from consideration as an individual. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Emporia State University considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law.
Emporia State University is committed to maintaining a safe environment in which students, faculty, staff, and guests can work together free from all forms of harassment, exploitation, and intimidation. The University regards inappropriate behavior, unfair treatment or harassment of any individual to be inconsistent with its goals of providing an atmosphere in which students, faculty, staff and administrators may safely learn, work, and live. For more information, we encourage you to access our Annual Security Report for Emporia State University online at http://www.emporia.edu/right2know/documents/ESU_Annual_Security_Report.pdf.
In accordance with the Higher Education Re-authorization Act, Emporia State University provides information to all students and potential employees regarding its Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention programs. The content within the site includes information on prevention and support resources, health risks, university policy, city, state, and federal ordinances and laws, and legal sanctions. This information is available on the web at: http://www.emporia.edu/finaid/consumer-information.html.
The Immigration Reform Act of 1986 requires both identity and eligibility for employment proof within three days of employment.
Recruitment Contact Information
Post: Human Resources, Emporia State University
1 Kellogg Circle, Campus Box 4044
Emporia, KS 66801
3/8/2018 12:00:00 AM
3/25/2018 11:59:59 PM