To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Division: Human Resources
Job Title: PT Human Resources Assistant
Salary: $14.47 Hourly
The PT HR Assistant position helps facilitate a positive employee experience by ensuring a high level of customer service for all citizens or employees. This is accomplished by professionally and politely greeting and responding to customers whether in person, by telephone, or by written correspondence. This position provides assistance for the clerical and record keeping operations of HR (i.e. scanning), and assists other HR staff as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Greet all incoming visitors and direct them to the appropriate personnel/department
- Answers, screens, and routes department telephone calls to appropriate personnel/department
- Receive, sort, stamp, and distribute mail to the appropriate personnel/department
- Respond to all emails in a timely and professional manner
- Keep reception area presentable and friendly
- HR Shopper; paying invoices, creating purchase requisitions
- Receive, sort, audit (if applicable), and scan documents into Onbase
- Send scanned documents to records storage
- Import documents into Onbase as needed
- Verbal verification of employment
- Running reports (i.e. separation report)
- Send out all registered mail
- Assist with ID Badges
- Assist FMLA when approved
- Assist other HR personnel with miscellaneous documents (type, file, scan, etc.) as assigned
- Assisting Office Manager with HR Ambassador program
Detail-Oriented: Ensures information is complete and accurate; follows up with others to ensure that agreement and commitments have been fulfilled. Follows process steps as outlined in standard operating procedures. Reviews materials to ensure they are accurate, clear, and concise. Performs follow-up to ensure quality of work product and/or actions are completed.
Reliability: Demonstrates a high level of dependability in all aspects of the job.
Initiative: Takes action without being asked or required to. Achieves goals beyond job requirements. Identifies opportunities and issues, and proactively acts and follows through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them. Actively seeks and identifies opportunities to contribute to and achieve goals. Maintains a sense of purpose, value, and ownership of their work. Seizes opportunities when they arise. Works independently with little direction.
Communication: Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the listener, helps them understand and retain the message, and invites response and feedback. Keeps others informed as appropriate. Demonstrates good written, oral, and listening skills.
Integrity: Displays and promotes conduct and behaviors consistent with agency and governmental standards. Familiarizes oneself with the pertinent rules and regulations that govern their area of responsibility. Applies rules and regulations in a consistent, non-biased manner. Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information. Guards the handling of sensitive or high risk information appropriately. Demonstrates sensitivity to surroundings and acts accordingly in conversations.
- Educational Requirements: High school diploma or GED
- Years of Experience: Two
- Educational Requirements: Associates Degree in Business
- Years of Experience: Five
Physical Requirements of Position:
Sedentary work. Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Background Check & Drug Screen
• Computer - MS Office Products, SAP, Onbase • Multi-line telephone • Scanner • Copy machine •Fax
Usual working days/hours: Monday - Friday, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Location of work: Historic Courthouse - 510 N Main St, Wichita, KS
The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work.)
Things to Keep in Mind:
- This position is a Part Time position, M – F, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. These are set hours and will not change.
- There is no overtime, and no more than 20 hours can be worked in a week.
- Being on time and coming to work every day is essential for this position.
- Business casual attire
*Please note this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice*
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator, by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate. Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
3/9/2018 12:00:00 AM
3/23/2018 11:59:59 PM