To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Saline County
Division: Road & Bridge
Job Title: Mechanic A
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Saline County after applying.
*If an email address is provided, all correspondence will be via email. Email notices will be sent from the address firstname.lastname@example.org. We recommend you begin checking your email for correspondence after the application deadline date. If you have not received a confirmation within 48 hours of submitting your application, please call 785-309-5812 to verify application has been received*
Salary: Grade 15N $17.32/hr - $26.38/hr, Depending on Qualifications
Job duties include:
- Perform tests & determine what parts need repaired or replaced.
- Inspect, diagnose & repair electrical & mechanical systems of automotive equipment, heavy trucks & construction equipment, including fuel, exhaust, brake & cooling systems, gasoline, propane & diesel engines, transmission, hydraulic & all other mechanical systems.
- Test machinery for proper operation after work is completed.
- Operate metal fabrication tools, arc welder, braze welder, cutting torch & equipment.
- Perform tune-ups on gasoline and propane engines, valve adjustments on gas, propane & diesel engines.
- Observe rules & common sense practices at all times.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Must have a High School diploma or the equivalent.
- Must have the ability to properly read and use precision gauges.
- Must have three (3) years of verifiable experience as a line mechanic in the repair and maintenance of diesel and gasoline engines as well as hydraulic, air, electrical, cooling and drive-train systems. A certificate in Diesel Mechanics from a Vocational-Technical School may be substituted as one (1) year of experience.
- Must have a valid Class A Commercial Driver License with air brake, tractor/trailer, and tanker endorsements. Must be insurable under Saline County’s fleet insurance policy.
- Must be physically able to perform the job including lifting at least 50 lbs.
- Must supply own hand tools.
For a complete job description or additional questions contact:
Marilyn Leamer, SHRM-SCP, IPMA-SCP, PHR
Human Resource Director
3/13/2018 12:00:00 AM
4/1/2018 11:59:59 PM