To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Liberal
Division: City Bus
Job Title: Transit Bus Driver (Part Time)
Responsible for transporting people from one place to another for work, errands, school, or other reasons, announces routes, and ensures passengers get out safely.
Answer questions about schedules, routes, and transfer points.
- Report accidents or other traffic disruptions to a central dispatcher, and follow directions when using an alternate route.
- Assist disabled passengers.
- Check the bus tires, lights, and oil and do other basic maintenance.
- Follow state and federal transit regulations.
- Keep passengers informed of delays.
Transport people from one place to another on a transit bus.
- Operate bus by applying brakes, starting and stopping engine.
- Drive regular routes on a schedule.
- Announce next destinations.
- Transport passengers on chartered trips or sightseeing tours.
- Drive through traffic and obey traffic laws.
- Deal with unruly passengers.
- Stop frequently, often only a few blocks apart and when a passenger requests a stop.
1/1/2018 12:00:00 AM