Employer: Sedgwick County
Division: Div of Information Technology & Support Services
Job Title: Developer - ABAP
Salary: $65738.40 Annually
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
The Developer works closely with ERP functional staff and other ERP team members to ensure accuracy and completeness of functional requirements, create technical specifications and develop programs according to specifications. The Developer is responsible for technical component delivery and participates in full integration testing and assumes responsibility for testing the application code from a technical perspective to verify that programs follow standards and meets technical specifications. The Developer will actively participate in work groups and work sessions with functional and technical staff.
Essential Job Functions:
Provide ABAP programming support to ERP Functional Analysts
- Interface with functional teams to ensure the proper integration of ABAP code development and enhancement of business processes and procedures.
- Maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with process owners, and technical and functional team members.
- Be an available and valuable programming resource for the ERP team.
- Timely and accurate completion of ABAP development requests which support new functionalities and enhancements to existing business processes and automation.
- Effective collaboration with ERP staff to support SAP end users.
- Project related development requests completed with appropriate documentation, timeliness, accuracy and sophistication.
- Creative and sophisticated programmatic solutions to complex challenges associate with ERP projects.
- Stays current with SAP developments and advancements in the area of ABAP programming.
Provide ABAP programming end user support
- Monitor incoming requests of end users
- Identify issues, problems and inefficiencies of county SAP systems and work with end users, internal ERP support staff and others as needed to coordinate resolution in a timely manner.
ABAP Development Projects
- Successful and timely completion of ABAP development projects
- development of new user procedures where appropriate
- Project work to be documented and updated frequently including project time and project status
Initiative: Takes action without being asked or required to. Achieves goals beyond job requirements. Identifies opportunities and issues, and proactively acts and follows through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them. Actively seeks and identifies opportunities to contribute to and achieve goals. Maintains a sense of purpose, value, and ownership of their work. Seizes opportunities when they arise. Works independently with little direction.
Communication: Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas through the appropriate methods and media for target audiences in a manner that engages the listener, helps them understand and retain the message, and invites response and feedback. Ensures appropriate stakeholders are kept informed and that information shared is accurate and timely. Demonstrates good written, oral, and listening skills.
Change Management: Understands the need for change and helps plan for and accommodate it as creatively and positively as possible. Is flexible and open to new ideas and encourages others to value change.
Problem Solving: Breaks down problems into smaller components, understands underlying issues, can simplify and process complex issues, and understands the difference between critical details and unimportant facts.
Detail Oriented: Ensures information is complete and accurate; follows up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled. Follows process steps as outlined in standard operating procedures. Reviews materials to ensure they are accurate, clear, and concise. Performs follow-up to ensure quality of work product and/or actions are completed.
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Advanced programming knowledge in SAP development and testing, knowledge of SAP overall, and experience across at least 2 SAP modules.
- Requires a solid background and skill set in SAP technology solutions and experience in the successful design, delivery and support of SAP business applications.
- Must have experience with and ability to use ABAP/ABAP Objects, Dialog programming, User-exits, BADI's, Smart Forms, ALV, Web Dynpros, RFCs and other SAP development tools.
- Experience with design and development of Workflow applications u Knowledge of/experience with FI-CO, MM, HCM, SRM, SUS, PPS, BW, BPC considered a plus.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience in integration with an ERP environment, working with interface processes between the SAP systems and external systems.
- Experience with HR Logical Databases.
- Experience with BDC sessions.
- Existing program debugging and enhancement.
- Function modules testing and application.
- Exit development, testing and application.
- iDocs. Report development and Query writing.
- Knowledge of highly complex ERP systems.
- Knowledge ERP software and module configuration.
- Knowledge of business systems applications in finance, materials management, human resources, and/or payroll.
- Knowledge in methods of developing business process specifications.
- Interfacing with customers and gathering requirements as necessary.
- Skill in testing business functions within ERP.
- Skill in customer service..
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in CIS, CS or a related discipline or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies.
Years of Experience: Three years of progressively responsible experience in enterprise resource planning, ABAP coding, or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies.
Educational Requirements: Master’s Degree
Years of Experience: Five years
Physical Requirements of Position:
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
Usual working days/hours: M - F, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Location of work: 538 N Main, Wichita, KS 67203 - Munger Building
The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work.)
*Please note this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice*
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator, by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate. Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
3/23/2018 12:00:00 AM
5/23/2018 11:59:59 PM