To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Oaklawn Improvement District
Job Title: Community Center Director
The Oaklawn Senior/Community Director is responsible for administrative tasks related to the daily operation of the facility; including planning, organizing, directing and coordinating activities for both seniors as well as youth. The facility, and position, are funded by both the local board and county. This requires budget maintenance in addition to completion of participant records, attendance at regularly scheduled meetings, specific community opportunities, and mandatory training. The Director is also responsible for soliciting donations for specific events. Facility operating hours are Monday-Friday 8-5p, with some evening and weekend events required. This position is supervised by the Oaklawn Improvement District three-member Board of Directors.
Examples of work, include but are not limited to:
- Plan, schedule and coordinate recreational activities, trips, and tours for the seniors and youth.
- Establish a friendly relationship with elderly persons of all social, economic, educational, and social circumstances and to communicate warmth, interest and acceptance to them.
- Answer all public inquiries regarding the senior and youth programs.
- Solicit participant feedback to assist in future event planning.
- Prepare a monthly newsletter and activity calendar to inform the community of upcoming events.
- Actively promote events through local press, Facebook and other media sites.
- Coordinate fund raising activities.
- Perform any administrative duties deemed necessary for the smooth running of the senior program.
- Plan scheduling of the senior/community center with Improvement District clerk.
- Coordinate with maintenance and other Improvement District staff.
- Ensure all facility equipment is maintained and kept in functioning condition.
Sedgwick County Funding Requirements of the Director position:
- Attend regular on/offsite meetings and required training.
- Complete the following reports; monthly budget, semi-annual participation, annual budget request.
- Recruit, train, and maintain records of contributed hours for volunteers. Must be approximately 20% of total annual participants.
- Schedule and complete 15 baseline events; including but not limited to card games, exercise classes and other reoccurring events.
- Schedule and complete 20 unique events; including but not limited to holiday parties, community block parties and other non-reoccurring events.
- Schedule and complete 70 education events; including but not limited to medication management, hospice, safety and other senior related topics.
- Supervise the overall operation of a nutrition site in accordance with guidelines of the program (this is a baseline event).
- Record and submit congregate and homebound meal reservations bi-weekly.
- Supervise proper handling and serving of food.
- Submit supply orders as required.
- Submit daily report sheet.
- Collect and deposit meal contributions as required.
- Announce and / or post all messages from nutrition program.
Associates degree in Human Service related field
Current food handler’s card, may obtain within 12 weeks of employment
Current CPR certification, may obtain within 12 weeks of employment
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Communicate effectively, supervise and encourage good relationships with center participants, other Improvement District staff and civic organizations.
- Receive and navigate problems and decision-making tasks as they arrive. Have ability to express or exchange ideas by means of verbal and written communication.
- Operate Microsoft Office products with efficiency and accuracy; including but not limited to WORD for the monthly newsletter and EXCEL for County budget reports.
- Ten key and other office equipment such as laminator and copy machine.
- Technical abilities expected include budget preparation and website applications.
- Employee is expected to have acquired the necessary information and skills to perform the job satisfactory after one year in the position.
- Have the ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Move chairs and tables for setting up events
- Salary Range, based on education and experience ($22,000-$38,000)
- Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- Kansas Public Employee Retirement System
- Community Center rental fee waived, twice each year
Submit questions regarding position to OaklawnJobs@outlook.com
3/24/2018 12:00:00 AM
4/30/2018 11:59:59 PM