To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: WSU Tech
Division: General Education/Natural Science
Job Title: Part Time Instructor (Adjunct Faculty) First Aid and/or CPR
The adjunct faculty member will provide course instruction and assess student learning in his/her area of expertise to students. Instruction may include classroom lecture, facilitating group discussions and projects, and/or clinical and computer laboratory instruction at various College locations. Teaching assignments will include between 1-9 credit hours of courses in the field. Day, afternoon, evening, weekend, and/or on-line classes may be available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Relates to students in a professional manner that demonstrates respect for the individual
- Reviews course content with administrator or designee prior to instruction
- Creates and provides students with a detailed syllabus which contains the elements specified on the College syllabus template
- Submits the syllabus/syllabi two weeks before the beginning of class
- Meets with class(es) on the scheduled dates for the full duration of class time
- Presents instruction in a manner consistent with lesson objectives and course outcomes
- Returns graded work in a timely and consistent manner
- Seeks student feedback to identify and meet student needs
- Evaluates learning in an ongoing effort to document student mastery of course objectives
- Performs paperwork related to the assignment, including completion of all required reports
- Maintains classroom environment that supports learning
- Submits grades by the established due date and assist the registrar in maintaining an accurate record of class enrollment
- Maintains records of student achievement in the event of a grade appeal
- Meets with the Dean, Health & Natural Sciences if and as requested; and, maintains close communication regarding any classroom or learning issues that may arise.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Education and Experience:
- Masters Degree, preferred.
- Current American Red Cross CPR Professional Instructor certification, requiredMaintain professional licensure or attendant certification that meets educational and occupational requirements of external accrediting agencies.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ full time work experience in industry or part time equivalent of 3 years full time work experience.
- Teaching experience in adult education, preferred
Other Position Requirements:
- Works effectively and productively as a team member. Keeps others informed of information needed. Treats others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintains effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Uses diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrates effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintains acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensures appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Is flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produces quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identifies what needs to be done and takes appropriate action.
- Completes assigned work; meets deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Performs work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Participates in a minimum of 20 hours professional development activities per year to remain current with industry trends and advancements.
Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Daily attendance is required to meet the needs of students and prospective students. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services some of which may be out of the area. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate student or College needs, deadlines and delivery of services. Long periods of sitting and/or standing will be required. Data entry/typing is required. Sufficient vision and hearing are required to complete the work and interact with students, staff, faculty and the public. Independent travel by car or public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses/locations when needed. Evening and weekend work may be required. Work schedule will be as needed and required by administration to accomplish assigned duties.
3/16/2018 12:00:00 AM