To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Since this is a public safety position, you will be required to submit extra information as part of the application process.
Employer: Sedgwick County
Division: District Attorney
Job Title: PT Administrative Support
Salary: $10.00 Hourly
Provide administrative support for involuntary commitment cases and child in need of care cases involving truancy.
Essential Job Functions:
Handle administrative functions of care and treatment cases
- Review incoming petitions
- Communicate with attorney regarding new cases
- Draft and file legal documents
- Communicate with other agencies/parties regarding current cases
Handle administrative functions for truancy cases
- Review and prioritize incoming truancy referrals
- Communicate with local school districts regarding referral processes
- Communicate with attorney to identify cases needing petitions
- Draft and file truancy petitions
- Maintain copies of truancy referrals
Assist with administrative functions within the Child in Need of Care (CINC) department
- Communicate with CINC attorneys and support staff to identify needs
- Draft and file documents as necessary
- Assist with maintenance of CINC case files
Educational Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent
Years of Experience: 2 years office experience, preferably in a legal setting
Physical Requirements of Position:
- Lifting. Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
Standard office equipment including computers (Microsoft Office Software), multi-function copiers, scanners, and multi-line phone system
Usual working hours/days: M - F, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Location of work: 1900 E Morris
The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work.)
*Please note this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice*
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator, by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate. Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
3/30/2018 12:00:00 AM
5/30/2018 11:59:59 PM