To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Butler County
Job Title: Appraiser Trainee
Salary: $13.36 Hourly
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Real Estate Supervisor the Appraiser Trainee performs responsible technical work in measuring, classifying, gathering data, recording and sketching to scale real estate improvements to include residential, commercial and agricultural properties. An Appraiser Trainee is involved with decisions of final value and will provide documentation and justification of value at informal hearing levels. The employee must have some knowledge of the KSCAMA system and how to integrate the analysis in the system for listing and valuation of residential/commercial properties.
Examples of Work (Essential Functions):
- Identify and locate real estate property from plats, maps and legal descriptions;
- Record assets of properties following set procedure and policy to be used in the valuation of property for tax purposes;
- Perform interior inspections and exterior inspections, when appropriate, of real estate properties;
- Consistently measure and sketch to scale all types of properties;
- Field review all types of property according to guidelines and directives set forth by Property Valuation Division;
- Data collect all new construction and existing building permits;
- Sketch and maintain plot plans for agricultural properties;
- Perform lot sizing according to standard procedures;
- Assist with splits and combinations of parcels;
- Assists with yearly review of agricultural land use;
- Assist with the final review;
- May be required to assist with informal hearing levels in support of real estate property values;
- Follows all office and state guidelines and procedures in the listing of real property;
- Conduct field reviews for appeals and photograph properties for accuracy in appeal decision making and 17 % re-inspection;
- Accuracy level shall be maintained on data collected in the field in compliance Maintenance Specifications outlined by the Property Valuation Division;
- Other related duties as deemed necessary or required.
Job Title: Appraiser Trainee
Experience: Minimum of six months to one year of experience in real estate appraising to include data collection and valuation process with the State of Kansas CAMA system. The employee in this position is expected to have acquired the necessary information and skills to perform the job reasonably well after six (6) months in the position.
Education: High school diploma or GED required. The employee in this position must have successfully completed at least 30 hours of specialized appraisal courses sponsored by Property Valuation Department. This position requires successful completion of continual education courses sponsored by the property valuation department to achieve and maintain the required job skills.
Skills: General knowledge of mathematics, legible handwriting, knowledge of construction material, and the ability to follow oral and written directions. Must have a valid Kansas driver’s license.
Problem Solving: Occasional problem solving exists in this position. Duties require following prescribed policies and procedures.
Decision Making: Occasional decision making exists in this position. Duties follow prescribed policies and procedures and all decisions are subject to review by supervisory personnel.
Accountability: This employee is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of departmental equipment. Employee is not responsible for budgetary control of the department and does not participate in the annual department budget process.
Supervision: Supervision is provided and all job related decisions are reviewed. This employee must be able to complete daily assignments following prescribed policies and procedures of the department. Employee does not have supervisory responsibility.
Personal Relations: Frequent contact with other county departments and the general public. Must consistently demonstrate a professional and courteous mannerism when dealing with property owners or their representatives. Proper attire is required.
Working Conditions: Stressful working conditions do exist in this position due to this employee’s accountability to the general public in regard to defending values and meeting statutory deadlines as well as the constant contact with property owners while in the field. Adverse weather conditions while working in the field is a factor in this position. This employee is required to work in close proximity to animals at times and is often required to work on and around premises that are unkempt.
Physical Requirements: The ability to express or exchange ideas by means of oral and written communications is required. 75% of the time lifting, bending, pushing and walking over rough terrain is required. However, there may be some standing, stooping, and carrying of moderate to heavy items. Employee may be required to lift up to 50 lbs. Sustained movements of the wrists, hands and/or fingers in typing or otherwise working, primarily with the fingers rather than the whole hand or arm. The ability to operate a motor vehicle.
3/30/2018 12:00:00 AM
4/30/2018 11:59:59 PM