To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Since this is a public safety position, you will be required to submit extra information as part of the application process.
Employer: City of Augusta
Division: Public Safety
Job Title: Public Safety Officer (Police & Fire)
Salary: $0 Hourly
Public Safety Officer, Augusta Department of Public Safety
The Augusta Department of Public Safety (combined Police and Fire) is seeking highly motivated applicants for the position of Public Safety Officer. This position is both a Kansas certified / commissioned law enforcement officer as well as a firefighter and rescue technician. Public Safety Officers are required to rotate between the patrol division and the fire division.
The Augusta Department of Public Safety is a unique organization that is on the cutting edge of law enforcement and firefighting techniques. The organization offers state-of-the-art equipment, paid uniforms and uniform cleaning, yearly training opportunities, excellent benefit plans and 12-hour shifts that allow every officer to have a three-day (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) weekend off every other weekend. Apply today to become a part of the ADPS family!
- SALARY: Competitive salaries, with starting salary higher for current Kansas State certified officers. Overtime is also frequently available.
- EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent, required. College, preferred. Must have satisfied all requirements as set forth in K.S.A. 74-5605 “Qualifications of Applicant (Police Officer) for Training Course Requirements.”
- Must complete 40 hours of continuing education training annually as required. Valid Kansas driver’s license and a good driving record, required.
- PHYSICAL: Must have the ability to pass and maintain all physical requirements and activities of the law enforcement training center.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: Exposure to adverse weather conditions, dangerous, and hazardous situations. Apprehension of alleged criminals. Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and twisting. Must be able to work all shifts and any day of the week.
- BENEFITS: The City of Augusta offers a highly competitive benefits package including the KP&F retirement system; Health, Dental, Vision, Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, ICMA-RC 457 and IRA plans, Pet Insurance, AFLAC plans, LegalShield, ID Theft, gym membership, LTD, Employer-paid and Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance,Tuition Reimbursement, Wellness Day, Vacation & Sick leave, and more!
TO APPLY: Please submit your information here on HRePartners. If selected, you will be contacted to complete an applicant packet.
To learn more about our agency, visit www.augustadps.org and www.augustagov.org
CLOSING DATE: May 2, 2018
4/2/2018 12:00:00 AM
5/2/2018 11:59:59 PM