To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sunlight Children's Advocacy and Rights Foundation
Job Title: Family Advocate
The Family Advocate’s responsibility is to assist victims of child abuse and their caregivers utilizing a Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) response, and advocate for the best interest of the child. They serve as a support to the victims and non-offending caregivers during the investigative process, until the resolution of the case. The Family Advocate also serves as a liaison between the children, caregivers, and MDT members. They assist with crisis intervention, assessing the need for emergency services, community referrals, and case follow up. The Family Advocate will also serve as a Forensic Interviewer at the facility and be responsible for remaining current on training, as well as local and national child abuse trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in social/human services or criminal justice field preferred.
- Must pass background checks (KBI, Child Abuse and Neglect Registry, Offender Registration)
- Complete a minimum of 40 hours of Forensic Interview education and training within six months of hire.
- Must have good written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, as well as ability to communicate with children and adolescents.
- Ability to work with sensitive and difficult subject matter; must recognize and appropriately address signs of own stress response.
- Possess basic to advanced computer skills, including familiarity with generating monthly reports and logs and updating a secure database.
- Bi-lingual communication skills preferred.
Send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to: Bryn Murphy at email@example.com with Family Advocate as subject line. Application deadline: April 2 or until filled.
4/3/2018 12:00:00 AM
4/20/2018 11:59:59 PM