To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Since this is a public safety position, you will be required to submit extra information as part of the application process.
Employer: City of Junction City
Job Title: Director of Finance
The Finance Director is responsible for planning and managing all aspects of the Accounting, Municipal Court and Utility Billing Divisions of the City’s Finance Department. This employee is responsible for developing and implementing city wide financial policies, oversight and investment of city funds, preparation of the budget, oversight of the comprehensive annual financial report, forecasting and debt management, and preparing and evaluating the financial implications of economic development projects.
The Finance Director works under the general direction of the City Manager with wide latitude for independence in judgement and procedures. The employee exercises supervision over all Accounting, Municipal Court, and Utility Billing Staff.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist the City Manager with strategic planning;
- Plans, manages, and supervises all aspects of the accounting, utility billing, municipal court, and customer service within the Finance Department;
- Serves as chief financial advisor to the City Manager, develops financial studies and plans; prepares forecasting, estimating, debt management and analysis, and monitoring the financial condition of the City;
- Develops, recommends, and implements citywide financial policies;
- Oversees accounting and financial management of the City’s funds, trusts, and other accounts and manages long and short term investments;
- Oversees the preparation of the comprehensive annual financial report and coordinates execution of the annual audit.
- Maintains financial records, prepares financial reports and statements and prepares a variety of studies, reports and related information for decision-making purposes.
- Prepares and evaluates financial implications of economic development projects.
- Establishes and maintains internal control procedures and assures that state and national standard accounting procedures are maintained.
- Supervises the collection of fees and other revenues in accordance with laws and regulations.
- Prepares budget and oversees administration of the budget throughout the year;
- Administers department repayment and special assessments.
- Makes presentations to City Commission and citizens groups and represents the City on committees or task forces;
- Assists with economic development;
- Performs other related duties as deemed necessary or as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or public administration, and/or a combination of education and experience.
- Five to seven of progressive accounting experience.
- Three years of progressively responsible supervisory or managerial experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Requires the possession of a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
Physical Demands (put an * next to essential functions)
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 lbs.
- The ability to sit frequently
- Must be able to speak and understand the English language*
- Must be able to reach for and handle objects
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus*
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to this position.
Includes both a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, and location travel, including exposure to heat, cold, inclement weather conditions and occasional environmental hazards.
APPLICATION MUST BE SUBMITTED ON-LINE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
Application link available at www.junctioncity-ks.gov on the “How Do I?” page or at www.hrepartners.com
Questions? Please contact Human Resources @ 785.238.3103 x 112
The City of Junction City is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
4/4/2018 12:00:00 AM
5/1/2018 11:59:59 PM