To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Since this is a public safety position, you will be required to submit extra information as part of the application process.
Employer: Sedgwick County
Division: District Attorney
Job Title: PT Administrative Support
Salary: $11.00 Hourly
Completes notice process for Child in Need of Care (CINC) cases handled by the Office of the District Attorney. Assists with various administrative support functions for the CINC division.
Essential Job Functions:
Ensures CINC case party information is up to date
- Researches various computer systems and reports to identify accurate contact information for CINC case parties.
- Updates computer systems with the most accurate contact information
Drafts CINC notice documents and prepares for mailing
- Prioritizes cases for notice based on established criteria
- Uses computer systems to generate appropriate notice documents
- Verifies accuracy of all generated notices
- Prepares notice and attachments for mailing
- Delivers notice packets to clerk for mailing
Assists with filing of various documents
- Sorts and organizes documents for filing within CINC case files
- Files documents in appropriate location of case file folder
- Retrieves and files case file folders as necessary
Educational Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent
Years of Experience: 2 years office experience, preferably in a legal setting
Physical Requirements of Position:
- Lifting. Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
Standard office equipment, which includes: multifunction copiers, scanners, computers (Microsoft Office software), multi-line phones, and various computer programs.
Usual working days/hours: M - F, 20 hours per week
Location of work: 1900 E Morris
The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work.)
*Please note this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice*
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator, by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate. Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
4/4/2018 12:00:00 AM
6/4/2018 11:59:59 PM