To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Since this is a public safety position, you will be required to submit extra information as part of the application process.
Employer: Sedgwick County
Division: District Attorney
Job Title: PT Crime Analyst
Salary: $15.00 Hourly
Review submitted data, video and/or audio recordings for content, and report findings. Video and audio recordings will be from police body and in-car cameras, as well as other sources of video evidence.
Video can be graphic in nature.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review video and audio evidence for content and report findings via written reports.
- Compile and maintain in-depth departmental statistical data as required.
- Knowledge of modern practices and techniques utilized in criminal investigative work and law enforcement response protocol.
- Familiarity with the rules of evidence, search and seizure law, and laws involving custodial interrogations.
- Ability to learn and apply rules of evidence to collect, preserve, and use evidence.
- Knowledge of legal terminology and court procedures.
- Ability to recognize key information of evidentiary value or legal significance contained within large data, video or audio files.
- Skill in the use of computers and various software programs necessary to review, tag and move through video and audio files.
- Ability to use technology to review, recognize and tag or document evidentiary information in audio, video and data files.
- Ability to compile and maintain accurate and complex notes and records; assemble and organize data; and prepare reports from such records.
- Ability to plan and prioritize requests and deadlines.
- Ability to understand the policies, procedures, and services of the Office of the District Attorney.
- Ability to make independent decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with associates, other law enforcement officials, agencies and the public.
- Ability to pass a drug/alcohol screening test.
This class specification should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this specification.
Years of Experience: Five (5) years’ experience in law enforcement or investigative work or any equivalent training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Audio and video review and redaction software; standard office equipment
Usual working days/hours: M - F, 20 hours per week
Location of work: Courthouse
Pay Range: $15 - $20 per hour
*Please note this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice*
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator, by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate. Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
4/6/2018 12:00:00 AM
5/6/2018 11:59:59 PM