Employer: Pratt Community College
Job Title: Information Technology Instructor/eSports Head Coach
Salary: $0 Monthly
General Description and Purpose
The Information Network Technology Instructor is to teach Information Network Technology courses including field experience labs and advising students. The eSports Head Coach will coach varsity and club eSports teams using a variety of video platforms.
1. Teach assigned courses in accordance with the class schedule.
2. Develop and file current syllabus for each course with the Division Vice President.
3. Maintain the curriculum and course content to assure quality.
4. Provide assessment and evaluation of student performance.
5. Serve as an academic advisor and assist with student registration.
6. Actively recruit students for the INT program in accordance with college procedures.
7. Enforce the regulations and policies of the college.
8. Attend faculty and division meetings.
9. Submit an end-of-the-year report.
10. Maintain and seek professional development and, where applicable, current industry certifications.
11. Provide adequate laboratory supervision whenever students are working.
12. Maintain and repair lab equipment.
13. Ensure that proper safety procedures are followed.
14. Regularly review Information and Computer Technology industry trends.
15. All duties and responsibilities as per Professional Employees job description (0001.FA)
Coordination and Accountability Tasks
1. Work closely with faculty within the technology departments.
2. Work closely with personnel in admissions and student services.
3. Work cooperatively with business and industry representatives to provide advanced level training.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Qualifications
1. The eSports Head Coach should have the ability to recruit high quality students and coach varsity and club eSports teams using a variety of video platforms (e.g., League of Legends, World of Warcraft, etc.)
2. This position will interface closely with in-game strategy coaches and analysts. However, high level knowledge of specific games is not required.
3. Both positions require excellent verbal and written communication skills.
1. Faculty experience required.
2. Prior coaching experience preferred.
Master’s degree required in either Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or a closely related field. Three years teaching experience, 3 years related professional experience, and the ability to teach across the spectrum of technology courses is preferred. Ideal candidate either (a) has earned or (b) is working towards CompTIA certification.
Certifications and/or Licensure
PCC offers an excellent benefit package.
For more information or to apply, please visit: www.prattcc.edu
Send completed employment application, resume and transcripts to Personnel Director, Pratt Community College, 348 NE S.R. 61, Pratt, KS 67124. 620-450-2139. AA/EOE
4/9/2018 12:00:00 AM