To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Oaklawn Improvement District
Job Title: Maintenance Level 1
Oaklawn Improvement District
Maintenance Level 1
The Oaklawn Maintenance Level 1 staff person is responsible for completing general maintenance tasks such as lawn mowing, cleaning sewer lines, bulb replacement, painting, small appliance repair, etc. Normal business hours are Monday-Friday 8a-5p, however work may be requested on occasion outside of these hours. The work area includes all properties and land within the Oaklawn Improvement District boundaries. The Maintenance Level 1 staff person takes direction from Maintenance Level 2 and the Oaklawn Improvement District Board of Directors.
Examples of work, include but are not limited to:
- Routine and emergency cleaning of District owned main sewer lines using a jetter machine.
- Operation of a wood chipper for tree trimming, brush removal and spreading the mulch in designated park areas.
- Keeping parks, bus stop, walking trails and pond area clean of trash and unwanted items.
- Operation of push, riding and tractor lawn mowers as well as equipment intended to maintain baseball fields.
- Hang decorative flags for holidays on street poles along major thoroughfare, display and repair Christmas lights, and assist with holiday decorating in the community center.
- Promote community events by placing letters on portable sign.
- Remove debris and personal items from exterior of homes determined by the Board to be a nuisance.
- Pick up and unload monthly commodity distribution.
- Complete minor building maintenance and repairs on any designated property.
- Maintain and repair splashpad.
- Maintain parking areas, to include snow removal.
- Keep shop area and district equipment clean and maintained.
- Complete a daily log sheet and time card.
- Valid Kansas Driver’s License
- High School diploma
Candidate must be able to operate:
- Push, ride and tractor mowers
- Diamond Demon (baseball fields)
- Small lawn equipment such weed eater and edger
- Full size truck, with snow blade
- Jet style sewer machine
Physical Requirements (ability to):
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Work in all climates
- Climb ladders
- Move around in attics
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Move chairs and tables for setting up of events
- Salary Range is $9-11/hr., based on experience
- Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- Cell Phone
- Kansas Public Employee Retirement System
- Community Center rental fee waived, twice each year
This position does require a person to be on call for sewer-line related needs.
Submit questions regarding position to OaklawnJobs@outlook.com
Closing date: April 30, 2018
4/9/2018 12:00:00 AM
4/30/2018 11:59:59 PM