Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: Bookkeeper
Salary: $13.78 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
This position provides fiscal and clerical support required to ensure program outcomes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review, verify and input consumer insurance information into appropriate data collection systems, Review and complete clinical transactions
- Verify and post Medicaid Payments
- Receive requests for information, prepare requested information and submit to HIPAA Privacy Officer for final review; post receipt and completion of release
- Prepare funding requests for review and distribute information to the Funding Committee
- Obtain service approvals from MCO
- Distribute options counseling forms
- Assist Operations department in moving files to OnBase
- Input Funding Committee weekly updates into the Funding Request database
- Post options counseling data into appropriate databases, track service access to confirm service start dates
- Input functional assessments and changes into appropriate data collection system
- Assist with data entry into state data tracking system as needed
Reliability: Demonstrates a high level of dependability in all aspects of the job.
Detail-Oriented: Ensures information is complete and accurate; follows up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled. Follows process steps as outlined in standard operating procedures. Reviews materials to ensure they are accurate, clear, and concise. Performs follow-up to ensure quality of work product and/or actions are completed.
Communication: Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas through the appropriate methods in a manner that engages the listener, helps them understand and retain the message, and invites response and feedback. Ensures appropriate stakeholders are kept informed and that information shared is accurate and timely. Demonstrates good written, oral, and listening skills.
Leadership: Actively engages with others to contribute to making progress on organization and professional goals and objectives.
Subject Matter Expertise: The ability to apply the principles of trauma informed systems of care to contribute to workplace satisfaction and exceptional customer service.
Educational Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent plus one year vocational/technical school training in bookkeeping or business.
Years of Experience: Two years’ experience in the performance of bookkeeping and related work, with some exposure to data entry methods, or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
License, certifications, etc.… Access to reliable, personal transportation. Valid State of Kansas Driver’s License and proof of automobile insurance meeting the requirements of Sedgwick County Fleet Vehicle Operations and Usage Policy. Must submit to criminal, abuse/neglect registry background checks. Ability to use word processing, database and spreadsheet software.
Years of Experience: Experience working with individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities.
Physical Requirements of Position:
- Lifting. Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position.
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate a motor vehicle.
• Background checks including but not limited to KBI & DCF child and adult abuse registry.
• Pre-employment urine drug screen.
• If considered for employment, candidate must complete and pass these tests: Microsoft Word (75% as Normal User) Microsoft Excel (75% as Normal User) Data Entry (7500 KPH)
Desktop computer and phones
Usual working days/hours: M - F, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Location of work: 615 N Main
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
- The employee may have occasional interactions with individuals who are angry, upset, or expressing frustration. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally during these intense conversations, including times when confronted with differing views and/or opinions.
*Please note this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice*
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator, by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate. Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
4/10/2018 12:00:00 AM
5/10/2018 11:59:59 PM