To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Newton
Job Title: Water Maintenance Worker III/Maintenance Worker II
Salary: $16.42 Hourly
The City of Newton is hiring a Maintenance Worker III or Maintenance Worker II depending on the level of experience and certifications obtained at the time of hire. Under the supervision of the Utility Supervisor, the Maintenance Worker III/Maintenance Worker II performs unskilled and semi-skilled work in repairing and maintenance of the water and wastewater facilities. The employee in this position repairs water and sewer lines, installs new sewer service, reads water meters and maintains meters and meter boxes. Duties follow prescribed policies and procedures. This employee is subject to on-call rotation.
Maintenance Worker III Position Requirements:
- Six months to one year of water or wastewater experience preferred.
- Minimum of a Class 1 certification in water or wastewater.
- Possession of a valid Commercial Driver's License with airbrake and tanker endorsement.
Maintenance Worker II Position Requirements:
- Must be able to obtain at a minimum a Class 1 certification in water or wastewater within first year of employment.
- Possession of a valid Commercial Driver's License with airbrake and tanker endorsement within one year of employment.
Education: Minimum of a high school diploma or GED.
Residency: Must live within 20 miles of First and Main Streets or the ability to move within one year.
Upon conditional offer of hire must be able to pass a criminal background, physical and drug/alcohol test.
The City of Newton offers a competitive salary and fringe benefits including an affordable BC/BS health insurance, life insurance plans, paid vacation, sick leave, KPERS retirement and 10.5 holidays.
To view the full job description go to: www.newtonkansas.com
The City of Newton is an EEO/ADAAA employer.
NOTE: Job application on HRePartners is not smartphone compatible. Please submit online application on a personal computer.
4/12/2018 12:00:00 AM