To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Bel Aire
Job Title: Information Clerk
Salary: $0 Hourly
Salary Schedule: Hourly, Non-Exempt Range: Step 1($12.77) – Step 15($18.04)
Our hours of operation are Monday through Thursday 7:30am-5:30pm, and Friday 7:30am-1:00pm
- This position is often the first contact a customer meets or speaks with personally within City Hall. The employee must be courteous, professional, helpful and facilitate meeting each citizen’s needs. Position performs routine clerical, receptionist, cash handling, and data processing work.
- Also provides support to the Community Development Department by helping to update/maintain the City’s cable channel, website, social media and print marketing materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets public, answers incoming calls, acts as a conduit for information, routes calls/customers to the appropriate departments.
- Processes incoming cash, credit card and check payments for utility bills, municipal court fines, building permits, licenses and various other revenues.
- Reconciles and reports all payment transactions on a daily basis.
- Sorts and distributes all incoming mail as well as faxes.
- Assists in issuing licenses as well as various permits.
- Performs various clerical duties such as filing, typing, basic accounting tasks, copying, answering multiple phone lines, taking messages, greeting and assisting customers.
- Assists with maintaining content for Cable Channel 7, the City website, social media and print marketing materials.
- Assist with the planning of various community and special events.
- Manage separate bank accounts for different City functions.
- Assists Planning and Zoning Department with permit/license issuance renewals, questions and scheduling of inspections.
- Will cross train in utility billing functions to provide proper customer service during high call times, vacation or sick leaves of other staff.
- Performs other related duties as deemed necessary or assigned.
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent required.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university or coursework in Business Administration, Public Administration, Marketing, Communications or related field preferred.
- Proficient in typing/10-key.
- Prefer a minimum of one-year relevant experience in related field.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of computers, electronic data processing and modern office practices/procedures.
- Able to multitask; work independently with drive and initiative.
- Capable of performing mathematical computations accurately and quickly with a high degree of accuracy.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain successful working relationships.
- Ability to work under pressure with frequent interruptions.
- Work well with members of the public in difficult situations.
- Able to read and understand City codes, ordinances and resolutions as well as explain them to citizens.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office programs/products.
- Must possess a valid Kansas driver’s license.
4/16/2018 12:00:00 AM