Employer: City of Derby
Job Title: Part-time Derby Dash Driver
Salary: $10.80 Hourly
· Operate all vehicles in a manner that ensures the safety of passengers.
· Comply with all Kansas driving laws, as well as City and department policies and procedures.
· Punch ride cards and complete appropriate documentation of transportation provided.
· Assist passengers with disabilities, including wheelchair loading by securing wheelchairs with proper restraint procedures.
· Communicate with dispatcher when scheduling, passenger safety, or other situations arise.
· Assist dispatch with scheduling of transportation and other projects when schedule allows.
10% Routine Inspection and Maintenance
· Inspect vehicles prior to operation and promptly notify supervisor of items needing maintenance or repair.
· Inspect wheel chair lift on a daily basis to ensure all mechanisms are working properly.
· Clean and sanitize van as needed throughout shift, as well as at the end of shift.
5% Records and Reports
· Maintain logs and records related to vehicle inspections, transportation usage, and transportation routes.
· Provide information required for reports.
Continually looks for new and improved ways of completing the above functions. Other tasks as assigned will be performed in order to address business needs.
Latitude: Most duties are defined and consistent from day to day. Problem-solving and decision-making involving the handling of citizen complaints and inquiries is accomplished in conjunction with supervisor.
Interaction: Frequent interaction with other city employees and the general public.
· High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
· A minimum of five years driving experience with an unrestricted driver’s license.
· Valid Kansas commercial driver’s license (CDL) class A or class B with passenger endorsement (will consider with a passenger permit) required within 30 days of hire. Driving record must meet commercial liability insurance requirements.
· Must be CPR/First Aid trained, required within first 6 months of hire.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Must be able to read a map.
· Must be able to read and follow a written schedule. Time management skills are required in order to keep the van on schedule.
· Ability to communicate on a 2-way radio.
· The ability to climb in and out of the van repeatedly throughout the day will be required and the ability to assist passengers on and off the van. The ability to push a wheelchair with a person weighing up to 300 pounds will be required.
· Knowledge of the geography of the city, and names & locations of city streets.
· Ability to meet and deal tactfully with the public.
· Ability to communicate effectively and clearly, both orally and in writing.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions: Approximately 85% of time is field related. Regular exposure to adverse weather conditions, hazardous elements, and dangerous situations. Regular carrying, lifting, moving or pushing of 50 pounds. Occasional bending, stooping, crawling, squatting, and twisting. Regular use of manual dexterity throughout the day.
4/20/2018 12:00:00 AM