To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Garden City Community College
Job Title: Food Science Online Adjunct Instructor
The online adjunct instructor works cooperatively with the Division Leader and with other college personnel in following through on stated policies and procedures. The adjunct instruction is responsible for facilitating, guiding and evaluating student learning.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Animal and/or Food Science or closely related field.
- HACCP certification from an International HACCP Alliance certified/approved training course.
- Educational or industry experience with food safety, sanitation, microbiology and muscle chemistry.
- Knowledge of food safety regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP’s), how to develop a HACCP Plan, Food Safety Program Managerial Control, and retail food establishment operating procedures.
- Understanding of basic food chemistry including chemical analysis, structure and function of basic nutritional components of food.
- Knowledge of muscle biology including homeostasis, contraction, properties of fresh meat, muscle pigment chemistry, processing, packaging, grading and inspection of muscle foods.
- Master of Science Degree in Animal or Food Science with a focus in Meat Science, Muscle Biology, Food Science or Food Safety.
- Previous online teaching experience preferred.
$500.00 per credit hour, based on the part-time instructor pay scale.
Apply as soon as possible. Position will remain open until filled. To complete the application process, candidates must submit:
- Application letter expressing interest in position.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Fill out online application at www.hrepartners.com
- Unofficial college transcripts and/or appropriate certificates
Human Resource Office
Garden City Community College
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
(620) 276-0362; FAX (620) 276-9573
4/23/2018 12:00:00 AM