To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Bel Aire
Job Title: Recreation Center Front Desk Attendant (Part-Time)
Salary Schedule: Step 1 ($10.51) - Step 15 ($14.85)
This position is often the first contact a customer meets or speaks with personally within the recreation center. The employee must be courteous, professional, helpful and facilitate meeting each citizens needs. Position performs routine clerical, receptionist, light cleaning, money handling and customer relations. Average of 20 hours per week on weekdays and occasional evenings or Saturdays.
Candidates must successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Works under the general supervision of the Recreation Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets public, answers incoming calls and acts as a conduit for information.
- Reconciles and reports all payment transactions on a daily basis and reports any discrepancies to supervisor.
- Processes incoming payments for rentals or program fees.
- Acts as building supervisor in absence of full-time staff.
- Sorts and distributes all incoming mail as well as faxes.
- Performs various clerical duties such as filing, typing, basic accounting tasks, copying, answering phone, collecting registrations as well as fees taking messages, greeting and assisting customers.
- Conducts tours and assists with program facilitation.
- Minor cleaning such as picking up trash, sweeping floors, washing windows, cleaning up spills and maintaining an orderly workspace.
- Performs other related duties as deemed necessary or assigned.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Graduation from high school or GED
- Prefer office and/or recreational experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of computers, electronic data processing, and modern office practices/procedures.
- Able to multitask; work independently with drive and initiative.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain successful working relationships.
- Ability to work under pressure with frequent interruptions.
- Work well with the public in difficult situations.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office programs/products.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
4/23/2018 12:00:00 AM