To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Since this is a public safety position, you will be required to submit extra information as part of the application process.
Employer: City of Goddard
Job Title: Police Officer
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at City of Goddard after applying.
The Goddard Police Department is taking applications for certified law enforcement officers to laterally fill one open sworn position. The candidate must possess a Certificate of Completion from the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center (KLETC) and be in good standing with Kansas CPOST. Lateral applicants from outside states must be able to receive reciprocity from Kansas CPOST.
Provides professional assistance for the protection of property in the City through police function and related activities. Employees respond to all requests of citizens’ assistance and take action as necessary for the protection of life and property. Work involves an element of danger and requires use of judgment, knowledge and skills in law enforcement procedures and policies. Makes preliminary investigation at crime scenes, written reports of any incident reported. Work is directed and reviewed by the shift sergeant.
- Patrols areas of the city on foot, or in a vehicle to preserve law and order, to prevent and discover the commission of crime, and to enforce motor vehicle and parking regulations and correct traffic hazards.
- Answers calls and complaints received by radio, telephone, or in person involving emergency, disorder, and crime.
- Interviews persons with complaints or inquiries, takes statements and tends to proper disposition of the information or directs them to proper authorities.
- Conducts preliminary investigations, gathers evidence and locates witnesses.
- Makes arrests and/or takes prisoners to jail.
- Appears in court to present evidence and/or testify as required.
- Conducts police-related community awareness and public relations work.
- May administer basic first aid.
- Conducts preliminary investigations, locates witnesses, and may make arrests or take prisoners to jail.
- Interviews persons with complaints or inquiries and makes proper disposition or directs them to proper authorities.
- Conducts preliminary investigations of major crimes or felonies.
- Serves criminal processes including warrants and subpoenas, testifies as a witness in court.
- Maintains records, prepares reports and performs other clerical duties.
- Locates, processes, identifies, collects and preserves physical evidence.
- Insures that prisoners are charged and transported to proper facilities.
- Processes crime scenes for latent fingerprint and palm print impressions and photographs all pertinent evidence.
- Attends classes, conferences, or seminars as assigned, deemed necessary to the best interests of the City and department.
- Attends training to retain certifications.
- Insures that 40 hours of in-service training is completed each year of employment
- Performs related work as required and directed.
- The examples of work performed are not intended to be all-inclusive. The City of Goddard reserves the right to assign additional duties and as needed.
Candidates recommended for hire will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen, polygraph, psychological, and physical exams.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Pay range for commissioned employees is $35,360 to $49,920 and entry pay range will be determined based on experience.
All uniforms, weapons, gear provided
Assigned take-home patrol vehicle after completion of probationary period (restriction including but not limited to residency within Sedgwick County)
Health Insurance through Blue Cross/Blue Shield: City pays 100% of insurance premiums for employee and 80% of insurance premiums for spouse and dependents
Optional Dental Insurance available
Paid Vacation/Sick leave
KP&F (Kansas Police and Fire Retirement Program)
Optional 457 Tax Deferred Retirement
YMCA group discount
5/1/2018 12:00:00 AM
5/28/2018 11:59:59 PM