Employer: Sunlight Children's Advocacy and Rights Foundation
Job Title: CEO of Sunlight Children's Advocacy and Rights Foundation (SCARF)
Sunlight Children’s Advocacy & Rights Foundation
Chief Executive Officer Position Description Position Summary: The chief executive is responsible for the overall administration and management of Sunlight Children’s Advocacy & Rights Foundation, the Sunlight Child Advocacy Center (CAC), the Sunshine Children’s Home (SCH) and their programs. The job description outlines the areas of responsibility which include planning and evaluation, policy development and administration, personnel and fiscal management, fundraising, marketing and public relations. The chief executive position is a full-time position that is directly accountable to the SCARF Board of Directors.
Responsibilities: Management and Administration
Oversees development and implementation of programs to serve child victims and witnesses along with nonoffending family members affected by abuse and neglect
Oversee all programs, services and activities to ensure that program objectives are met.
Develop organizational goals and objectives consistent with the mission and vision of SCARF.
Provide information for evaluation of the organization’s activities.
Develop and administer operational policies.
• Oversees annual fundraising planning and implementation in conjunction with the board of directors
• Identifies resource requirements, researches funding sources, establishes strategies to approach funders.
• Establishes and implements plan for financially sustaining the organization and its programs
• Ensure compliance with funding sources and regulatory requirements.
• Prepare and submit grant applications and funding proposals as appropriate.
• Develop, recommend, and monitor annual and other budgets.
• Manages financial and physical resources
• Approve expenditures.
• Maintain proper fiscal record-keeping and reporting.
• Submit monthly financial statements to the board of directors.
Supervises CAC Coordinator and SCH Director
Administer board-approved personnel policies.
Ensure proper hiring and termination procedures.
Oversee any and all disciplinary actions.
Provide for adequate supervision and evaluation of all staff and volunteers.
• Advises the board on topics that impact the organization
• Initiate and assist in developing policy recommendations and in setting priorities.
• Facilitate the orientation of new board members.
• Work with the board to raise funds from the community.
Marketing & Public Relations
Oversees networking with community service providers and other partner agencies to develop appropriate resources for clients
Engages with national, state and local organizations concerned with child abuse
Represents Sunlight Children’s Advocacy & Rights Foundation to all stakeholders
Contributes to and approves media associated with SCARF and its related programs.
Coordinates and participates in trainings for community agencies, school personnel, and professionals in the community.
Provides child abuse training and education in the community.
Experience and Skills:
Strong oral and written communication skills. Financial management and facility supervision skills. Staff supervision. Grant writing and administration skills required. Marketing, public relations and fund raising experience. Proficiency with standard business software and hardware. Ability to promote collaboration. Nonprofit experience preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university. Masters level degree preferred.
Background Check REQUIRED.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume by May 31, 2018 to Cindy Miles, email@example.com or Nonprofit Chamber of Service, PO Box 636, Wichita, KS 67201.
5/1/2018 12:00:00 AM
5/31/2018 11:59:59 PM