Employer: Dickinson County
Division: Health Department
Job Title: Child Care Licensing and Registration/Educator and Public Health Educator
Salary: $0 Hourly
The Child Care Licensing and Registration (CCLR) position has the primary responsibility for conducting a Child Care Licensing and Registration program in accordance with Kansas Administrative Regulations, for the purpose of promoting safe and nurturing child care environments in Dickinson County.
Additional job responsibilities include coordinating/facilitating prenatal education classes.
Perform other public health and education duties as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Comply with all countywide and departmental policies and procedures.
Provide regulatory activity in each of the following service areas in accordance with the Kansas Child Care Facilities Policy and Procedure Manual and in accordance with health department policies and procedures:
- Pre-application activity: Provides information about licensure and/or registration to groups or individuals.
- Application activity: Receives and processes applications for the licensure and registration programs, including completeness of the application.
- Survey activity: Conducts related tasks necessary to complete the routine licensing and re-licensing process which includes processing correction letters.
- Complaint activity: Conducts all required activity related to complaints of illegal child care or regulation violations.
- Community Outreach activity: Recruits child care providers, develops or provides training to child care providers, publicity or presentations directed to parents and the public promoting community awareness about the importance of regulation, where to report illegal child care or poor quality child care, provides information about legal child care providers to parents who are seeking child care, coordinates activities with other agencies.
- Collaborate with other health department programs/outside community partners to promote prenatal education services.
- Attend required trainings offered by KDHE as it relates to job function
See Surveyor Qualifications below.
Kansas Department of Health and Environment
Child Care Licensing and Registration
Essential competencies of Child Care Licensing and Registration surveyors include ability to: 1) exercise professional judgment in order to assess, investigate, evaluate information and draw conclusions; 2) provide objective and concise oral and written communication of findings; 3) act as a Child Care Health Consultant; 4) provide technical assistance and training to child care providers; 5) provide public health education and consultation.
Additional funding allows for upgrading the surveyor qualification status. The Child Care Licensing and Registration Contract does not allow for surveyor positions to be downgraded.
Public Health Educator
- Assist with coordinating and facilitating prenatal education classes for prenatal/postpartum women and/or support persons.
- Document service/follow-up in electronic health record.
- Responsible for ordering all materials needed prenatal education provider.
- Work closely/collaboratively with MCH Coordinator to improve/grow prenatal education services.
- Attend collaborative meetings as designated by supervisor.
- Perform other public health and education duties as needed.
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, co-workers and management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of child health, safety and development.
- Knowledge of state and local regulations regarding child care.
- Ability to network with local agencies and organizations to promote quality child care.
- Ability to exercise tact, initiative and good judgment in dealing with people.
- Maintain confidentiality of all records.
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills.
- Complete required training
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing using the English language.
- Skills in organization, mathematical processes, time management and a high degree of computer proficiency.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact well with others.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Able to make independent decisions, use good judgment, accept results and receive constructive feedback in an appropriate positive manner.
- Able and willing to work with others toward achieving common goals. Demonstrate understanding of the importance of teamwork. Display positive attitude and support county policies and communicate properly.
- Demonstrate initiative in execution of work, comprehend instructions without close supervision and volunteers to assist others, produces the expected volume of work.
- Execute work thoroughly, accurately and in an organized manner.
- Accept responsibility and complete work assignments on schedule, without undue delays and within other established parameters.
- Maintain acceptable attendance and arrives and leaves at the prescribed times.
- Dress and groom appropriately for the job.
- Keep work area neat and orderly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The ability to operate medical and office equipment is necessary. Excellent written and oral communication skills are also required. This employee must be able to maintain confidentiality.
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION
One to three years of similar or related experience is required. Employee is expected to have acquired the necessary information and skills to perform the job reasonable well within one year of employment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Full Professional Qualification Statue indicates that child care licensing and registration duties within the county are assigned to and performed only by persons who meet our definition of Professional Level Training/Experience. This position requires that a surveyor be qualified as an RN or have a 4 year degree in nursing, early childhood or elementary education, child development, human development, social work or a related field.
Certification in CPR
Valid Kansas Driver’s License
Child Health Assessment Certification from KDHE, recommended
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. . Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Moderate physical activity required. Must travel to satellite clinics and occasional out-of-town overnight meetings. May require occasional evening or weekend work.
While performing the duties of this job, moderate physical activity required. Risk of exposure to communicable disease exists. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This Position Description is not designed to list all tasks and responsibilities of this position. Dickinson County reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need may arise. This Position Description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
5/7/2018 12:00:00 AM
5/21/2018 11:59:59 PM