To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Garden City Community College
Job Title: Paramedic Instructor
Garden City Community College is currently seeking a full-time dynamic Paramedic Instructor to help lead our 12-month paramedic program. The program includes a very progressive and innovative classroom setting that simulates on-the-job training. The program also utilizes the latest and most innovative equipment to promote realism through simulation in locations around campus. This position involves analyzing, planning, designing, and implementing the paramedic curriculum in the form of lesson plans, core lectures via online/podcasts, clinical/field internships, and maintenance of records/data to help maintain accreditation with CoAEMSP.
This assignment includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- Teaching assigned day and/or evening courses using lecture, lab, hands-on demonstration, cooperative learning, audio, video and other methods in on-campus or at off-campus outreach locations.
- Providing individual and small group facilitation of learning, diagnostic assessment of students, and identification of appropriate learning materials.
- Participating in course and curriculum design, student advisement, program review, and college committees as appropriate.
- Building local, state and national public safety organization and industry partnerships for student internships and to identify and provide customized training.
- Remaining current in subject matter and in the techniques most effective to promote student learning.
- Demonstrating initiative and actively recruiting students for the Department of Public Safety.
- Performing other relevant tasks as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree
- Kansas or National Paramedic Certification
- ACLS and PALS Certification
- 3 years’ experience as an ALS Provider
Preference will be given to those candidates who establish the highest level of professional competency as evidenced by:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Instructor/Coordinator certification (if not current, must obtain within 2 years of employment)
- Strong background in EMS practices.
- Teaching experience at multiple skill levels.
- Ability to communicate effectively in speech and writing.
- Knowledge of computer assisted learning strategies.
- Ability to motivate and teach students of diverse learning styles and backgrounds.
- Commitment to the discipline through involvement in professional organizations and activities.
- Clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Based on the minimum and/or desirable qualifications. Placement on the salary schedule is based on verification of experience, relevant degrees or certifications, and upper division/graduate course work.
Term of Employment
This is a full-time position, 172-day faculty contract, bargaining unit position, beginning with the Fall Semester of the 2018-2019 academic year.
Application and information are available at www.gcccks.edu or contact:
Garden City Community College
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
620-276-0362, Fax 620-276-9573
Applications must be completed in detail and clearly, show that the applicant meets the minimum qualifications as set forth in the vacancy notice.
Each applicant must submit an application package, which includes the following:
- Letter of application, not to exceed five pages, which briefly states how applicant specifically fits the Faculty Profile of Personal and Professional Qualities and demonstrates past use of these qualities.
- Completed college application.
- Detailed resume summarizing educational preparation and experience.
- Copies of all collegiate transcripts (unofficial copies acceptable for selection process) and relevant certifications.
- Up to three current professional reference letters or a placement file containing up to three letters of recommendation. Letters must be no more than two years old, signed and dated, and from persons having first-hand knowledge of applicant’s professional qualities. Letters should address how the applicant’s qualifications and experience relate to the position.
6/8/2018 12:00:00 AM