To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Garden City Community College
Job Title: Academic Building Secretary
Garden City Community College is currently hiring for an Academic Building Secretary. This position is a full-time 9-month benefitted positon. The role of the Academic Building Secretary is to ensure offices' function efficiently and effectively by providing clerical support for supervisors and staff.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Performs secretarial duties and responsibilities that include maintaining and updating documentations and reports, data entry to line schedules, requisitions, scheduling, syllabi, work with Datatel, EMS, and other software.
- Performs secretarial duties and responsibilities for division leaders and instructors including correspondence, minutes of division meetings, preparation for special events, and duties as assigned by division leaders.
- Perform reception duties by greeting students and visitors and handling all telephone calls and messages within the building.
- Maintains office equipment and machines, order supplies, and distributes mail.
- To schedule and organize work to meet established deadlines.
- To ensure all correspondence is free of spelling, typographic, and grammatical errors.
- To keep all assigned files and records current and well organized.
- To maintain a friendly, professional work environment and attitude when working with others.
- To function as an integral member of division teams.
Experience: A minimum of two years experience in a related position.
Education: Associate's degree preferred, experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
Interpersonal Skills: Daily interaction with students, contact with persons beyond immediate associates generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion. Outside contact takes the form of service to the public (students, visitors or vendors) requiring ordinary courtesy in providing assistance and information.
Other Skills: Good oral and written communication, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook and Publisher or Photoshop, database experience is a plus.
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying of light items, and driving an automobile. Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
Salary: Based on qualifications and experience.
Apply: Position will remain open until filled.
Starting Date: July 30, 2018
To complete the application process, candidates must submit:
- Application letter expressing interest in position.
- Personal resume
- Fill out online application at www.hrepartners.com
- Copy of college transcripts and appropriate certificates
- Up to three current letters of recommendation submitted directly to the Director of Human Resources by the individual providing the reference
Contact: Human Resources Office
Garden City Community College
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
(620) 276-0362; FAX (620) 276-9573
Garden City Community College does not discriminate against applicants, employees or students on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit reasons, or handicap, nor will sexual harassment be tolerated, in its employment practices and/or educational programs or activities. Those concerned about the above should contact Emily Clouse, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9574.
Garden City Community College is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and is committed to equal and reasonable access to facilities and programs for all employees, students and visitors. Those with ADA concerns, or who need special accommodations, should contact Susan Pollart, Coordinator of Disabilities, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9638.
5/8/2018 12:00:00 AM