To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Merriam
Division: City of Merrian-Finance Dept.
Job Title: Accounting Clerk
Salary: $15.98 Hourly
SUMMARY OF POSITION INFORMATION & TYPICAL DUTIES
The City of Merriam is seeking a FT Accounting Clerk. The qualified individual will provide accounting and clerical support for the Finance Director and Administration Department. Essential duties include processing invoices for payment, generating accounts payable checks and assisting City staff with questions and issues regarding accounts payable and the accounting system. Other finance/accounting duties include, but are not limited to, processing purchase requisitions, coordination of purchasing card procedures, and reconciling daily deposits.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent;
- Associate degree preferred, with course work related to accounting;
- Two years’ work experience in accounting or related field, preferably in a local municipality;
- Proficiency working with computers in a Windows environment;
- Ability to effectively communicate on a one-to-one basis with the public; ability to maintain effective working relations with employees, other departments, officials and the public; ability to maintain accurate records; ability to type and enter data accurately; ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Qualified applicants may apply at Merriam City Hall (9001 W. 62nd Street, Merriam, KS 66202) Mon. – Fri. from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Applications can be downloaded online at www.merriam.org or by calling 913-322-5500. Applications may be submitted by fax (913) 322-5505, in person, or by mail to: City of Merriam, Attn: Human Resources, 9001 W. 62nd Streetm, Merriam, KS 66202
The City of Merriam does conduct background checks/investigations
If reasonable accommodation is necessary to apply, or further information is needed, contact Sari Maple, Human Resources, 913-322-5502, Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.
5/10/2018 12:00:00 AM