To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: WSU Tech
Division: AA/General Education/Health Sciences/DentalAsst.
Job Title: Part Time Instructor (Adjunct Faculty) Dental
The Adjunct Faculty Instructor provides subject matter expertise in his/her area of expertise to students enrolled in the dental program. Instruction may include classroom lecture, facilitating group discussion and projects, and/or laboratory instruction. Instruction includes teaching courses, adhering to lesson plans, meeting course objectives, beginning and ending courses on time as scheduled and adhering to faculty ethical and professional behaviors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Professional delivery face to face classroom lecture/lab instructional curriculum to students.
- Preparation and development of curriculum, instructional materials and course scheduling (As per KBOR and industry requirements).
- Maintain Instructor office hours to prepare and grade student evaluations and lab projects. This time is also utilized to schedule appointments with students as needed.
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship with program Industry Advocate Team (IAT) members. Activities include scheduling team members as guest speakers, coordination to assist in job placement and possible donations of equipment and supplies.
- Student Recruitment and retention activities including but not limited to high school visits and college activities, such as Open House, a variety of tours and participation in other college activities.
- Purchase and maintain instructional equipment meeting industrial safety and operational standards.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Bachelor' degree required. Preferably in Dental Hygiene. Candidates with an associate degree in Dental Hygiene or Dental Assisting with a baccalaureate degree will be considered.
- Must obtain Certified Dental Assistant Credential within two semesters of hire, or be a Certified Dental Assistant (National Board Certified).
- Minimum of 6 months, full time work experience in industry, required.
- Possess current licensure/certification/registration as required by profession.
- Teaching experience in adult education preferred
- Must obtain yearly TB skin test and other immunication/physical examination and/or background check requirements as defined and required by clinical affiliates.
- Required knowledge of computers and various software applications, including basic knowledge of Microsoft applications.
Other Position Requirements:
- Work effectively and productively as a team member. Keep others informed of information needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintain effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Use diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrate effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintain acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensure appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Be flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produce quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identify what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
- Complete assigned work; meet deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Perform work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Participate in professional development activities to remain current with industry trends and advancements.
5/11/2018 12:00:00 AM