To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: WSU Tech
Division: Student Services/High School Partnerships
Job Title: High School Admissions Specialist
Salary: $16.66 Hourly
The High School Admissions Specialist assists in the development, implementation and ongoing refinement of the student intake process for high school students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists high school/homeschool student, their parents and counselors to navigate the admissions process by providing information and answering questions via walk-in, phone, email, and mail by assisting with the Admissions Communications plan for high school/homeschool Students.
- Provides test proctoring and application assistance onsite and offsite to concurrent High School /homeschool students as needed. Including but not limited to administration and scoring of ACCUPLACER and other tests as needed for concurrent enrollment.
- Enters and maintains accurate and complete student information in Banner, Recruit and Xtender including Biographical, High School, Program/major, cohort, attributes, etc. for tracking and reporting purposes for dual/concurrent and grant programs as needed.
- Represents WSU Tech at Parent night and informational events on and off campus to provide information about concurrent opportunities.
- Registers concurrent High School and homeschool students in designated and open enrollment courses upon qualification and necessary approval from the high school and Associate Dean of High School Partnerships.
- Acts as liaison between appropriate Academic Advisor and student to encourage transition from secondary to post-secondary student.
- Maintains knowledge of all College programs and resources.
- Capable of public speaking to groups of varying ages (elementary-adult) and sizes. Understanding and teaching classes on college admissions process. Must be able to walk for long periods while performing campus tours.
- At all times, engages in and promotes teamwork, interdepartmental communication, courtesy, legal compliance, policy compliance, and safety in the WSU Tech workplace.
- Projects image of professionalism, including in conduct, communication, and dress.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, prefer in the areas of communications, counseling, marketing, education or psychology. In absence of Bachelor’s degree, associated degree and a combination of education, training, and related experience that relates to the required degree and/or position may be considered.
- Experience in college admissions and/or advising preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate user-level knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel are required. Knowledge of SharePoint is preferred.
- Strong analytical, decision making, and problem solving ability.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with strong organization skills.
- Ability to speak and effectively communicate program information to both small and large groups of prospective and current students.
- An operating knowledge of Student Services software, such as Banner, is required within three months of entering the position.
- Ability to independently drive by personal car is required, along with unrestricted licensure to operate a motor vehicle in the State of Kansas, as well as a driving record that meets WSU TECH insurance standards.
- Preferred skills include collaboration with students, administration, faculty and staff, and other professionals; a strong commitment to the education of students as well as outstanding speaking skills and creativity.
Other Position Requirements:
- Work effectively and productively as a team member. Keep others informed of information needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintain effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Use diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrate effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintain acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensure appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Be flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produce quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identify what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
- Complete assigned work; meet deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Perform work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Participate in a minimum of 20 hours professional development activities per year to remain current with industry trends and advancements.
Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Daily attendance is required to meet the needs of students and prospective students. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services some of which may be out of the area. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate student or College needs, deadlines and delivery of services. Long periods of sitting and/or standing will be required. Extensive data entry/typing. Sufficient vision and hearing are required to complete the work and interact with students, staff, faculty and the public. Independent travel by car or public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses/locations when needed. Evening and weekend work is required. Work schedule will be as needed and required by administration to accomplish assigned duties.
5/15/2018 12:00:00 AM