To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: WSU Tech
Division: AA/General Education/Nursing
Job Title: Lab Assistant, Practical Nurse Simulation Lab (Part Time)
The Simulation Lab Aide assists with clinical simulation activities by providing the technical support required to operate the simulation mannequins. Additional duties include general maintenance and care of the mannequins, including coordinating setting up the mannequins for simulation based on scenarios provided to the aide by faculty.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Programs simulation mannequins in compliance with manufacturer’s software and standards.
- Schedules hours according to scheduled simulation activities.
- Operates mannequins as needed for planned simulation scenarios.
- Cleans mannequins as needed following simulations.
- Trouble-shoots technology related issues with mannequins during simulation, as needed.
- Coordinates maintenance, supply and equipment needs with simulation coordinator and/or clinical coordinator.
- Serves as a resource for clinical faculty in planning simulations.
- Assists in establishing a positive simulation environment.
- Informs clinical coordinator, simulation coordinator and/or Dean of pertinent issues related to simulation.
- Meets due dates and has mannequins ready for planned simulations.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Minimum of one year experience in providing technical assistance with simulation mannequins.
- Certification in simulation technology preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of proper handling and set up of mannequins
- Good working knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be reliable, task-oriented and have excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
Other Position Requirements:
- Works effectively and productively as a team member. Keeps others informed of information needed. Treats others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintains effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Uses diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrates effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintains acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensures appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Is flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produces quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identifies what needs to be done and takes appropriate action.
- Completes assigned work; meets deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Performs work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Participates in a minimum of 20 hours professional development activities per year to remain current with industry trends and advancements.
Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Daily attendance is required to meet the needs of students and faculty. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services some of which may be out of the area. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate planned simulations, deadlines and delivery of services. Long periods of sitting or standing will be required. Extensive data entry/typing required. Sufficient vision and hearing are required to complete the work and interact with students, staff, faculty and the public. Independent travel to by car and public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses/locations when needed. Evening and weekend work may be required. Work schedule will be as needed and required by administration to accomplish assigned duties.
5/18/2018 12:00:00 AM