Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: PT Van Driver
Salary: $11.91 Hourly
Provide ramp and/or lift accessible passenger transportation in a safe, professional and timely manner.
Essential Job Functions:
Drive specialized vehicles
- Comply to traffic laws and regulations
Compliance and Reporting
- Fare collection and logging
- Pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections and documentation
- Vehicle up-keep (clean interior and exterior)
- Documentation and recordkeeping of time, ridership and others as required
- Ensuring passenger safety
- Secure mobility devices and medical equipment and carry-ons
- Positive communication
Reliability: Demonstrates a high level of dependability in all aspects of the job.
Stress Management/Tolerance: Maintains effective performance under pressure; handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
Adaptability: Adapts well to changes in assignments and priorities; adapts behavior or work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles; approaches change positively and adjusts behavior accordingly; focusing on being part of the solution.
Communication: Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas through the appropriate methods and media for target audiences in a manner that engages the listener, helps them understand and retain the message, and invites response and feedback. Ensures appropriate stakeholders are kept informed and that information shared is accurate and timely. Demonstrates good written, oral and listening skills.
Customer Focus/Client Orientation: Makes customers/clients and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; acts with customers in mind and strives for continuous improvement in products and services. Gains customer trust and respect; meets or exceeds customer expectations.
Educational Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent
Years of Experience: Two (2) years commercial driving or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Experience using navigation equipment such as GPS devise used in automobiles.
License, certifications, etc… Valid State of Kansas Driver’s License, and proof of automobile insurance. Valid Dept. of Transportation (DOT) physical exam medical card qualifying individual to drive a commercial vehicle.
Years of Experience: Three (3) years commercial driving or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Experience using navigation equipment such as tablet with GPS software and auto vehicle (AV) locator for route and scheduling updates.
License, certifications, etc… Valid State of Kansas CDL Driver’s License with A or B passenger endorsement. Bilingual skills a plus.
Physical Requirements of Position:
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist requires full motion of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Lifting. Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor requires use of upper extremities and back muscles.
- Medium work: Sedentary work for extended periods of time, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally such as ability to push a wheelchair with passenger up/down ramps that could be in excess of 300 pounds and/or negligible amount of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body and adaptive equipment; on and off vehicle(s).
- The employee is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform vehicle inspections, operate motor vehicle during varied weather conditions, and utilize computer equipment such as tablet for GPS and scheduling software.
DMV & KBI background checks and Pre-employment drug screen
Vechicle: mini-buses with wheelchair lifts and ramp accessible vehicle
Office: personal computer, vehicle tablet, copier/fax/scanner, multi-line phone, and printer
Maintenance: wash bins, fueling pumps, vacuum, broom, and cleaning supplies
Usual working days/hours: Part-time, varied, 6:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
Location of work: Aging 271 W 3rd St N
Primary Cost Center IO: 34040-254/50%, 34035-254/50%
Work is conducted in the field. The employee is subject to both environmental/weather conditions. Activities occur inside and outside. The employee is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of conditions, such as hazards of road, traffic physical conditions (pests/blood-borne pathogens) use of chemicals to clean vehicle.
*Please note this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice*
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator, by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate. Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
5/31/2018 12:00:00 AM
8/30/2018 11:59:59 PM