To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Edwardsville
Job Title: Customer Service Clerk
Salary: $15.00 Hourly
The duties include but are not limited to providing friendly and courteous assistance to callers and visitors of City Hall. Position requires a substantial amount of contact with the public regarding the furnishing of information about City operations and services; and provides responsive, courteous and efficient service to City residents and the general public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties described below are indicative of what the Customer Service Clerk might be asked to perform. This is not an exhaustive list of job responsibilities and therefore other duties may be assigned:
- Performs routine level clerical work
- Receives all incoming calls and transfers calls to the appropriate City Departments
- Receives the public and answers questions; responds to inquiries from employees, citizens, and others and refers to appropriate person when applicable.
- Assists citizens with service, complaints, and information request.
- Generates service orders relating to customer requests for utility service/closures of accounts, assuring for accuracy, completeness and timeliness.
- Maintains utility billing accounts including accounts receivables and assists with processing quarterly billing.
- Applies customer payments for utilities, permits, licenses and other miscellaneous receipts assuring for accuracy, completeness and timeliness.
- Assists with the issuance of permits to include sign, fence, building and other miscellaneous permits.
- Composes, types, and edits correspondence; reports, memos and other material requiring judgment as to content, accuracy, and completeness.
- Opens mail and distributes to appropriate parties assuring for accuracy and timeliness.
- Maintain Community Center & park shelter reservations.
- Ability to operate various office equipment.
- Enters data into the computer and keeps accurate reports in various software programs.
- Maintains documents, files and records.
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with other city employees, departments, and city officials.
- Assists with over-flow work as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: • Graduation from a high school or GED equivalent with emphasis in business/office practices such as typing, filing, accounting and bookkeeping. • 0-3 years of full-time experience in business office/clerical procedures, preferably in municipal government. • Must be able to type 30 WPM and have experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access. • Must possess a valid driver’s license. SKILLS AND ABILITIES • Make decisions in accordance with departmental policy in routine work procedures. • Composes, types, and edits memos, reports and other correspondence. • Function effectively with minimal instruction and constantly changing priorities. • Maintain composure while working in a high traffic environment and able to multi-task. • Deal tactfully and courteously with the public. • Develop and maintain effective working relationships within department, city employees and officials. • Ability to accurately account for and balance monies. • Ability to maintain a professional demeanor when dealing with the public. EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED • Ability to operate various types of office equipment including 10-key calculator; copy machine; fax machine; multi-line telephone system and mail meter • Ability to use computer with knowledge of MS Office-Word, Excel, and Access. • Other equipment may be required.
PHYSICAL AND WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical and work environments described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT: • While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear, use hands and arms and walk, and reach above the head, and bend or squat. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. • The duties of this job include physical activities such as stooping, kneeling, standing, reaching, walking, lifting and/or move (up to 25 pounds), grasping, talking, hearing/listening, seeing/observing, and repetitive motions. • Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus. WORK ENVIRONMENT: • Works in an office setting. • The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
6/4/2018 12:00:00 AM